Trucks of non OD color

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

I'm surprised you guys are getting into a spat over paint. Do I need to start a new thread on which engine oil is better or whether to use NOS seals? At least the subject would appear more important....

:lol:
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
MikeOneSix
SSGT
SSGT

Post by MikeOneSix »

Holy Finless brown trout :shock: what did I miss? Thought this was a rather benign thread inquiring about M37s in colors other than OD. Heck, we've all seen 'em at one time or another some looked rather sharp and others....not so much. But, they were all saved from the crusher and is that really so bad?
Matt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

OD

Post by Nickathome »

Well, I guess I'm to blame as I mentioned my opinions regarding non-OD paint jobs. However I didn't mention anyone by name, nor did I direct or intend to direct my comments at any one person, that was until "dicktater" decided it better to trash my truck's paint job directly....So being the good citizen that I am had to dish some back.......I'm all for a good ribbing but when it comes to an undeserved insult, I fell compelled to protect my honor.

As I mentioned earlier, if dicktater wishes to continue an insult war, I'm all for it, and I guarantee I'll bury him in the process. One thing you don't do is try to trash talk a yankee, for we know all the good comebacks.
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Both of you at 25 paces with paint sprayers! First one to cry Uncle loses!

:lol: :shock: 8)
-John

1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Dicktater
CPL
CPL

Re: OD

Post by Dicktater »

Nickathome wrote:I should have elaborated a little in my first post. I didn't mean to knock strata blue airforce trucks, or grey naval trucks. My point was, and what I should have said was, any other color besides a military paint scheme is doing these trucks a disservice. Face it, these were not civilian trucks and to paint them as such is wrong IMO. But again personal preference take precedence, so if you favor pink with purple polka dots, have at it. It you that's got to drive an abomination like that, not me.

I'll park my abomination next to your's anyday.

Don't pop a valve Big Nick,It's just a paint job! I agree,Paint guns at 25 pace's. You sound too internet savy to trade wit with you. I concede....you win, sorry I touched a nerve..........Longhaired, Bandana Wear'in, Abomination Drive'in....Buddie Of Big Nick's.... :wink:
Chunk
CPL
CPL

Post by Chunk »

Personally,I think the yellow and black paint looks great! By the way... my "M" is OD.
Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Wayne64 »

Here is another slant on color changes from experience having restored a fair share of stuff in my life. We never think we are going to sell our baby, yet I have (for one reason or another). My first color change was to turn a white boat tailed 67 Alfa to red. That made me happy until I went to sell it. The purists beat me up on the price because of the color. Move forward to when I did up a 67 Sunbeam Tiger and didn't change the color which was British racing green. On that one I probably would have gotten 5K more if I had ignored the tags factory color code and used the Sunbeam Carnival Red! Now the last car I did was a restor-mod on a 64 full sized Ford. Because it was large I looked at similar large vehicles and there colors. I used the current Ford truck sterling gray and it worked. Both in looks and resale, the car sold and was shipped to Sweden. So bottom line is that I vote do what makes you happy, my vote dark pumpkin orange and black fenders.
MY Life Past and Present
http://crayonmedia.com/wayne/
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

I think orange with black fenders would be nice also. We have a club member who has a early 50's Powerwagon and it is red with black fenders. That is one sweet truck! I'd like to find a civie powerwagon someday.

Yeah, we all need to do what makes us happy.
-John

1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hey they're all beautiful in their own way: tell me you don't get giddy when you're driving around some back road and spot an old war horse off in the distance, regardless of its present color....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
MikeOneSix
SSGT
SSGT

Post by MikeOneSix »

Cal_Gary wrote:Hey they're all beautiful in their own way: tell me you don't get giddy when you're driving around some back road and spot an old war horse off in the distance, regardless of its present color....
Gary
Amen to that! Was road trip'n in WV last Sunday and spotted what looks like a 5 ton road tractor sitting behind a shop. May have to go back for a closer look :wink: .

On an unrelated note; think I'd like to own one of those M601s some day. They remind me of a cross between the 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton weapons carriers of WW II. I mention this because Refit1701 said he'd like to own a civie power wagon one day.
Matt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

VPW just brought some 601's back from Thailand in the past year or so....
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500