Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

M37DODGE
PVT
PVT

MEASURES

Post by M37DODGE »

Hi all,

in order to have a shipping price for an m37 importation, I do need the measures of the m37 and m37b1

As I can seen from the spec link, those are: lenght: 190"
Width: 74"
Height: 90"
weight: 5197lb

Could any body ensure that those are the correct measuresof the dodge?

I have found some differences which could make the shipping a madness

Thanks all
OLDSMOBILE 88 ROCKET 1955
CJ3B MITSUBISHI WILLYS JEEP
DODGE M37
LAND ROVER LIGHTWEIGHT LONG WHEEL BASE SOFT TOP
LAND ROVER LIGHTWEIGH LONG WHEEL BASE HARD TOP
Paul in Kempner, TX
PFC
PFC

Close - except...

Post by Paul in Kempner, TX »

The dimensions you have are close for a M37/M37B1 WITHOUT WINCH. The winch adds about 5 inches.

Shipping costs are usually based on cubic volume. The height of the M37 can be reduced from 90" to 63.5" by removing the top and the cargo bows and cover and lowering the windshield. This information is not listed in the TM's but is on the data plates.

This reduces the cubage from approximately 732 cu ft (1265400 cu in) to approximately 572 cu ft (885780 cu in) - a savings of 220 cu ft (379620 cu in) or 30%.

I was a Unit Movements Officer and supervised rail and air loading. I was certified by the USAF to plan loads for C-130, C-141, and C-5 aircraft. There was always a requirement to reduce the vehicle cubage even though there was never any use ever made of the cubic feet we saved.

My son commands the Support Squadron of the Third Armored Cavalry Regiment - now in Iraq. They use RORO (Roll On, Roll Off) ships for deploying equipment. Load masters these days are usually only concerned with foot print (square feet of deck space), center of gravities, and total weights.

His Army is very different from the one I knew.
Paul Cook at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum MVPA#27246

"You have to GO BUY the book before you can GO BY the book."
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

When I shipped my trucks from the States, the M43 used a complete 20´ container and the M37 came in a 40´ with 3 more cars, they built a structure inside the container so the cars were stacked in pairs, the M-43 came with a Corvette over it.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina