SIAGON

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

SIAGON

Post by 8543bob »

I cant believe it. They are selling our military parts back to us. I was on EBAY, M37 and there are several NOS M 37 parts, buy it now, coming from Siagon, Vietmam. I guess someone found a stash of parts that we left when we bailed. I think
whoever is selling has some set.
BOB
cuz
1SG
1SG

Re: SIAGON

Post by cuz »

That's been going on for several years now. All the stuff we turned over to the RVN and RVNAF was of course liberated by the NVNM and as spoils of war was re-distributed. I am in the warbird arena a lot and a few years back we were buying scores of T28 asnd AI spares and T28's and A1's from civilian Vietnamese sources.
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

On a related note . My son who is in the Air Force and stationed at Kadina, Okinawa, just got back from a TDY to Thailand.
He said I would not believe it , but M37 's were still being used on the flight line where he was.
I thought that was pretty cool.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
MikeOneSix
SSGT
SSGT

Post by MikeOneSix »

It doesn't surprise me that they are still using M37s over there if only because those folks are pretty thrifty and if it ain't broke.......

As for the Vietnamese selling us out parts back, I personally know a fellow who brought his first mutt (M151A2) while over in the PRVN on business. He imported it back here. It is interesting to me the number of A2s that are over there when we (US Military) predominatly used the A1 version. Think the A2s were shipped over late for ARVN to use.
Matt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
98taco3
CPL
CPL

Post by 98taco3 »

Saw that and thought the same thing!
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Well no photo, bummer . I spoke with my son yesterday and he was working when he saw it, and then couldn't find where it was parked after he got off work. He said it was painted a camo color and was marked for the Thai air force and it was towing a bomb trailer. He also said there were other trucks like dueces and 5 tons around the base which was Korat.
So maybe next time he goes on a TDY there he can catch it when he is not working.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
rtkjmk
PFC
PFC

Post by rtkjmk »

Ya ,I purchased some parts off a eBay site , didn't realize until the mailman dropped off the box with a address of 1/8 pho Duc Chine ST , Ho Chi Minh city , VIETNAM . The problem is they do not always identify where the parts are coming from . They are selling us are vehicles back to us piece by piece ! . I just checked eBay and there is a least half a page of items from Vietnam . On a happier Note , God Bless Our Troops ! What a great job they did , pay backs are a B_____ , sure s___ to be him . :D think we will use the smiley face today ! bob k
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

On a similar note, folks who specialize in WWII vehicles have been getting parts from England, Japan, and Germany for years. It's our fault, I guess, for leaving the stuff there. I say don't complain about where the parts come from...just be glad that they are still available!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"