Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Japs take out the Bat Boat!

Post by Nickathome »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... index.html

I don't know about you, but I've been rooting for the Japanese ever since that stupid Whale Wars show came on the air.

They should name the video, the New Adventures of PT109!
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

I dont agree with all the whaling thats done but I thought the antis got what they deserved. It was there fault also.
Gerry

53 M37
jjefferson
CPL
CPL

Post by jjefferson »

Don't even get me started on those guys..

Being in the merchant marine and watching the “whale wars” just made me embarrassed for their operations. The lack of professionalism and incredible lack of seamanship was / is unbelievable and incredibly unsafe.

We had the first season on DVD on the ship this past summer and we all took turns just ripping those guys apart. Don’t even get me started on the so called officers on the bridge of the Steve Irwin. I could give you a list thirty five miles long of the things they do wrong – both in seamanship, protocol, and well everything – it is only by the grace of God that no one is hurt or killed.

Oh boy now I am getting all worked up….granted some of the show is very poorly edited and done in such a way as to make them look like idiots which granted they are. But still they are a bunch of ding-a-ling yahoos who have no right to be at sea.

As a side not a buddy of mine used to work on that stealthy looking boat before it was handed over to Sea Shepard. He did the around the word race on it and pretty much called it a space ship – lots of buttons and lights.

As a second side note there is a guy up here in Maine who tried to build his own kind of Spanish galleon to take handicapped folks out to sea. That’s an admiral idea and concept but he had no plans to build the ship – used wood from palettes for the planking, originally had no Coast Guard license to haul passengers, was not inspected to haul passengers etc etc etc. The ship has been sitting in Rockland Harbor for I think 3 years – the Coast Guard will not let him leave – they have rescued him twice already. Good idea but bad implementation. Ironically the name of the boat is “Raw Faith” if you google Raw Faith you will see all the hubbub they have started in Maine.

Jim
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Whale Wars.

Post by Nickathome »

I for one despise those Sea Shepherd idiots. First off, who died and appointed them the Ocean police? Where do they get off trying to force anyone to cease what they are doing? Whether you agree or not with whaling, what the Sea Shepherds are doing is nothing short of piracy. And as such, I think the Japanese have every right to defend themselves. The Sea Shepherds provoke the Japanese, and when they respond,the SS's use that as justification to escalate their own violence. And they will say they are non-violent in their approach. Wha ta bunch of twisted zealots.

If I were the Captain of one of those Japanese vessels, I'd give the Sea Shepherds one warning...."You get within 50 yards of our ship, and we will sink you"....End of story.

There's a reason why the Sea Shepherds only attack the Japanese, its because the Japanese are one of the weaker whaling navies. I'd like to see that Paul Watson try his crap(I doubt he has the balls) on the Russian whaling fleet. The Steve Irwin would mysteriously disappear......
Last edited by Nickathome on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

Enviromental extremist are morons, anyone who puts animals lives or should I say"Animal Rights" above humans are just plain nuts., I watched Whale wars once and turned it off out of embaressment for those rightous clowns.

jjefferson
Thanks for the link on galleon in Rockland harbor
I have alot of family history in that area of Maine ( there a dedication to my grandfather in the Lighthouse Museum there in Rockland )
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

I believe there is room for all of gods creatures - right next to the mashed potatoes.... :lol:
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
tmbrwolf
PFC
PFC

Post by tmbrwolf »

PETA: people Eating Tasty Animals
Ken
SFC USA (ret)
51 M37
52 M38
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

M-Thrax wrote:Enviromental extremist are morons...
I tend to think that ALL extremists are morons! Eco-terrorists are just the worst of the lot.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"