Christmas Cheer

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Christmas Cheer

Post by HingsingM37 »

I hope you all had a good Christmas :) Did anybody get any MV related gifts? My wife surprised me with a calendar made from my shots of the M along with pictures of old trucks I took while on vacation. Very nice.
My mom is 83 and drove the 20 miles to our house in her mighty Crown Vic (I think all seniors are issued those :lol: ) God bless her.

After all the kids, guests, and grandkids left Christmas night I retreated to the garge (where else?) to unwind. Cleveland Ohio is home to the Great Lakes Brewing Company which produces some of the finest Micro Brews available in the Northeast. I grabbed one (maybe two) along with a Partagas Black Label cigar and took this shot:

http://www.g741.org/photogallery/main.p ... temId=6043

Ah lifes simple pleasures.
My thanks to all of our troops past and present who through their sacrifice have allowed us to enjoy our freedoms. I wish all a great New Year :D
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

I meant I retreated to the "garage" . Who can spell at 0530?:lol:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

David
Just browsed the rest of your restro pic's WOW excellent work
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

What I got

Post by DAP »

I got a bumper, an M42 retractable light and some bow corners yeeeeeeHaaaaaaw
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Calender sounds like a winner, no M stuff here, it comes all the time anyway, according to Doroth? (BTW, I'm waiting for a battery box)
Never met a brew I didn't like!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
jjefferson
CPL
CPL

New Christmas M37

Post by jjefferson »

New Christmas addition to the fleet. Basically purchased for the parts and the plow.

Poor thing has been beat hard and put away wet. All glass broken / missing, boat gas tank for fuel tank, body chock-a-block full of rust, and that is just the beginning. But it runs (sort of) and was only a mile away and as mentioned it has a plow. Makes me appreciate the condition of my other M37 a whole lot more.

But more importantly it will keep the other '54 M37 company.

So now it is getting tight under the barn. The 1970 Jeep Gladiator, and the two 54 M-37s make their own little convoy. Yet another reason to add on to the back of the barn.

Happy Holidays to all.
-Jim
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

AAHHH nothing like the man cave and a cold beer!!

I got the time to finish my M101 sort of a Christmas gift.

1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Thanks for the kind comments M-Thrax. While I was having that beer I still found it hard to believe I built that truck. :)

RixM37, the trailer looks great. I was thinking of one or a mobile kitchen to cook at events.

Jefferson, If you are going to part that rig out I would be interested in the winshield rest hardware off the hood. Let me know.

DAP, Were those gifts to you from you or was somebody thoughtful enough to get a guy what he actually wanted? :lol:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Re: New Christmas M37

Post by Nickathome »

jjefferson wrote:New Christmas addition to the fleet. Basically purchased for the parts and the plow.

Poor thing has been beat hard and put away wet. All glass broken / missing, boat gas tank for fuel tank, body chock-a-block full of rust, and that is just the beginning. But it runs (sort of) and was only a mile away and as mentioned it has a plow. Makes me appreciate the condition of my other M37 a whole lot more.

But more importantly it will keep the other '54 M37 company.

So now it is getting tight under the barn. The 1970 Jeep Gladiator, and the two 54 M-37s make their own little convoy. Yet another reason to add on to the back of the barn.

Happy Holidays to all.
-Jim
If it runs, use it as the dedicated plow truck, this way your good M37 won't have to see use as a plow vehicle.
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

I bought some parts. Not ready to show off what I got yet though... wanna make sure it will fit first. :wink: