Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

BugsandJeeps
PVT
PVT

Turn Signals not working

Post by BugsandJeeps »

Hi All,
Just getting around to checking a few things on the truck prior to inspection. I have turn signal lights but no flash. The lights work left and right but they don't blink. I assume that if the signal stalk works enough to activate left and right then the problem is likely the relay. The relay is part number 1161363. Also the light on the signal stalk doesn't light. Is there a way to check the relay?

Mike
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Turn Signals not working

Post by John Mc »

When I had similar funky signal light action a couple of years ago it When I had similar funky signal light action a couple of years ago it turned out that I had a little bit of a flaky connection in the connector to the flasher unit. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in a couple of times and it’s been working fine ever since.

Previous lighting issues were traced to a faulty pin socket in the Connector that screws onto the back of the lighting switch (Conceptually, very easy to repair, but a pain in the butt to get that connector apart)
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
BugsandJeeps
PVT
PVT

Post by BugsandJeeps »

I have redone all the grounds and replaced bulbs. I checked all connections and cleaned and reconnected. I have lights in all the right places but no flashing.
Rdinatal
CPL
CPL

Post by Rdinatal »

BugsandJeeps wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:44 am I have redone all the grounds and replaced bulbs. I checked all connections and cleaned and reconnected. I have lights in all the right places but no flashing.
Still have the .mil flasher unit?

Swap it for a 24v civilian flasher. A two pole will work. There are 3 wires going to the.mil flasher, one is ground (don't use that). That's how I determined mine was bad.
1952 M37 - Mods = Locking hubs, battery switch, 2 bank charger, PB, PS, Pertronix SSI, Elect fuel pump w/filter&pressure switch.

Planned: Seatbelts, Bimini top :roll:
BugsandJeeps
PVT
PVT

Post by BugsandJeeps »

Just swapped it out for a Tridon 24 v 3 prong flasher. Problem solved. I now have signals. Thanks.