NDT lifespan?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

just me
1SG
1SG

NDT lifespan?

Post by just me »

What kind of life are you getting out of your NDT's? My truck has Denman tires and they are wearing at an alarming rate. Half the tread gone in 1500 miles. Granted, they have some age and the road surface is extremely hot, but that seems weak. Are the Coker or Speedways better?
I wanted to pick up a trailer, but that money is going to tires instead.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: NDT lifespan?

Post by 52 M-42 »

I went to Super Lugs because the NDTs just seem to "disappear" on hard surface (concrete & asphalt) roads. It is like rubbing a pencil eraser on a piece of course sand paper. NDTs lasted about 9 months or so on the front of my truck and about another year on the rear. I got tired of buying new tires. Also, NDTs are not so great on wet or icy roads. Super Lugs are much better for traction on paved streets. The Super Lugs make it harder to steer at low speeds and it is a real work out when you are parking or in a tight space, but they last a lot longer.

I've always figured that if I wanted an "easy" truck I could just sell mine and go buy a modern truck with power everything. :wink:
wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

Post by wvcharlie »

I went with super lugs also. I drive my truck a lot and seem to only get about 5000 miles at best out of NDT's. I keep NDT's on my other military vehicles that I don't drive as much because they just have that "look".
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
PoW
SFC
SFC

Post by PoW »

As Charlie said, 5K mi is about it for NDT's.

DDG