Give me a break! or is that some brakes.

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

Give me a break! or is that some brakes.

Post by wvcharlie »

I just finished up a job I have been putting off for some time. I replaced all the steel brake and hose lines on my 65 M37. Anyone that has had that feeling of panic when you push on the brake pedal and it just goes to the floor can relate. It had not happened to me in this vehicle, but some long overdue preventive maintenance was in order. A lot of sweat, a pair of jeans, about a gallon of brake fluid and, I finally got it done. While I was at it, I followed the excellent instructions that Ugly Truckling provided to swap in a dual reservoir master cylinder. That change went off without a problem. They recommended putting a proportioning valve in the rear line. I went ahead and did that also. I thought it would be much easier to adjust on the topside of the body than under the frame. This is a photo of the valve coming out of the floor just in front of the drivers seat. The brakes don't feel much different however, I feel a lot safer.
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: Give me a break! or is that some brakes.

Post by 52 M-42 »

Nice job, wvcharlie! I'm sure that is much more convenient place to adjust brakes from than under the truck.