Hot enough outside?

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Hot enough outside?

Post by Cal_Gary »

Temps hit 103 degrees in Salt Lake today-too doggone hot to do any work. I see a cool wave hitting the midsection of the US--how's everyone holding up?
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Re: Hot enough outside?

Post by T. Highway »

Hi Gary,

We have been having highs in the upper 70s and overnight temps in the mid 50s :twisted: I'm liking this global warming stuff more and more. :lol:

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

It's been in the high 80's low 90's out here in Western Washington which is waaaay too hot for this part of the country. Apparently, some typhoon out in the Pacific Ocean has messed with the jet stream and we are being deprived of our cooling onshore flow of ocean air. I, and a lot of other people out here, are very grumpy, unhappy campers. :x

After all, in the land of the half drowned, moldy munchkins, where it is always supposed to be cool, drizzly, and cloudy, this hot, sunny weather is NOT appreciated.

52 M-42
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

A very seasonal 85-90F with 95-100 % humidity here in my little corner of Penn's Woods. Worked on the truck yesterday for several hours doing oil change and lubing all those spots on the lube order. I was drenched with perspiration by 3:30pm when I finished , rotate the tires is on the schedule for today with the same weather again forecast.... I'm Mellll...ting.. I 'm Mellll...ting :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Way to hot up here in the center of BC; been at or near 35*C (100*F+/-) for the better part of a week now. Everything is tinder dry, and the forest fire season is gathering momentum...
Poor ol' AC unit can't even keep up, but the fridge is keeping the beer cold at least. :mrgreen:
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Master Yota wrote:Way to hot up here in the center of BC; been at or near 35*C (100*F+/-) for the better part of a week now. Everything is tinder dry, and the forest fire season is gathering momentum...
Poor ol' AC unit can't even keep up, but the fridge is keeping the beer cold at least. :mrgreen:
Jim just sent me a link to pics of the fires out your way, not too close to you I hope....

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Closest fire is some 20 miles to the south of Prince George. I live at least another 15 miles at the northern end of PG, with two big rivers in between, and some 400' vertical feet of sand cut-bank. I'm not worried about the southern fire, but anything can happen with these dry conditions... :(
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Well, Keep your head down Ray and hopefully it'll all settle down soon enough, and no playing in the woods until ther fires have gone.....

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks for the responses, guys. Carter, made me tired just reading your post, working in all that humidity. I certainly don't miss it-the dry heat here is bad enough. Fortunately we'll have enough Fall for me to get my front clip back on so I can drive the M this winter :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Brigand
SGT
SGT

Post by Brigand »

Cal_Gary wrote:Temps hit 103 degrees in Salt Lake today-too doggone hot to do any work. I see a cool wave hitting the midsection of the US--how's everyone holding up?
Gary
While here in So Cal. Governor Moonbeam has apparently worked out a trade with Florida. They get our dry hot weather and we get their humid , hot monsoon weather minus the rain. And a Meth lab to be named later.
Brigand aka Bob Thompson

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Jeez Bob, you always make me laugh, buddy! :)
Thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Brigand
SGT
SGT

Post by Brigand »

Cal_Gary wrote:Jeez Bob, you always make me laugh, buddy! :)
Thanks!
Gary
Then my work here is done.
Brigand aka Bob Thompson

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Brigand wrote:
Cal_Gary wrote:Temps hit 103 degrees in Salt Lake today-too doggone hot to do any work. I see a cool wave hitting the midsection of the US--how's everyone holding up?
Gary
While here in So Cal. Governor Moonbeam has apparently worked out a trade with Florida. They get our dry hot weather and we get their humid , hot monsoon weather minus the rain. And a Meth lab to be named later.
What? Forgot to barter in the "pools for all" clause via sink hole?

Definitely the short end of the stick...lol
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
greencom
SGT
SGT

Post by greencom »

T. Highway wrote:Hi Gary,

We have been having highs in the upper 70s and overnight temps in the mid 50s :twisted: I'm liking this global warming stuff more and more. :lol:

Bert
I would love to have those cool temps here in PA, already sick of Summer, can't wait for Fall.
m37jarhead
SFC
SFC

Post by m37jarhead »

This time of year in southern Arizona, anything below triple digits and we get out the long johns and electric blankets.
Temp hit a high of 116 a few weeks ago followed by daily highs of around 112. The bad part is that our normal 6% humidity
has shot up to near 50% now that the "monsoon" season has arrived. So, each day I start messing with the M37 at 5 a.m. and quit about 10 a.m. Got my 5 hours in for the day and head for the pool and a cool adult beverage.

My grandson thinks I'm a cool adult but you guys know I was referring to the beverage.

Fall and winter will be here soon and in January and February I still have to google the words: "snow shovel" to find out
what the heck those things are. :D

Jerry
Member: Arizona Military Vehicle Collector's Club, Treasurer.
Past Pres
Member: MVPA #26600
Member: NRA
‘43 GPW, '53 M37 W/W, ‘54 M170 Field Ambulance,
59 M43, '76 M151A2, '86 CUCV,
'43 GPW, 416 & 101 trailers.