Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

mike_l
SGT
SGT

Spotlight over fuel can

Post by mike_l »

Greetings all,

I came across this last week from a friend that took it off an USAF truck, a 1958 V-41, used by the local Civil Air Patrol years back. It is a passenger side mounted spotlight mount that is bolted to the back of the fender mounted fuel can bracket. Photos are in my pics album: HERE. I'm told the thin rod extending to the left was mounted to the back of the passenger side mirror. I don't have any photos (yet) of the truck when it was in use by the CAP so I don't know if this served as the mirror bracket or if it joined the mirror bracket and added support. It is a well made part. All the holes and slots are cut and machined as if they were stamped out as a production part. I've never seen one in any of the manuals. You will notice it is Strata Blue and we know the USAF did what they wanted to these trucks to mod them as suited for their needs. If this isn't a production part, they sure put a lot of effort into this.
Mike
Marion, IN
1954 M37 W/OW
1953 M101
Indiana MVPA
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Spotlight over fuel can

Post by rixm37 »

Very interesting. I myself have only ever seen the driver side mount found on the telephone repair truck. Thanks for sharing the pic. Are you going to use it on your truck ? It would make it stand out in a crowd.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
mike_l
SGT
SGT

Re: Spotlight over fuel can

Post by mike_l »

Same here. But no, I'm not going to use it. I just wanted the fuel can bracket it was mounted on. I have a friend that was eyeballin' it and may want it.
Mike
Marion, IN
1954 M37 W/OW
1953 M101
Indiana MVPA