Dumb Question

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

k8icu
1SG
1SG

Dumb Question

Post by k8icu »

Ok so I've been working forever on my cab and I notice last night two bolts on each side of the cab by the door frame. They don't hold anything and the nuts are welded on. What do these do? Do they serve a purpose? Of course I didn't have my camera with me at the time so I took a pick off the sight here (my appolgies to the owner of this truck) and I made a couple of arrow marks of the bolts I'm talking about. Please take a look and let me know what their purpose is?

Thanks,
Joe

M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Dumb Question

Post by Rick C »

They are for the fording intake bracket. Midwest sells a mirror bracket that uses thos holes also. You'll also notice a similar situation on one of the stake pockes of the bed for the fording exhaust bracket.
Rick
skinnedknuckles
CPL
CPL

Post by skinnedknuckles »

Joe,
Hey , that's my truck the day after I brought it to my shop here in Janesville, Wis. from North of Green Bay, Wis. :D I wondered about those bolts too when I removed them when working on the cab. Alot of that truck is green now but its still in pieces, many pieces :shock: . And the black/rust trailer it was on is now blue :D
Paul in Janesville, Wisconsin
1953 m37 parts truck
1961 m37b1 finally going together and turning green
and a bunch of other green trucks that are taking over my driveway
MVPA and MVPG member
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

What I Did W/ Mine

Post by m-37Bruce »

I did this quite a while back, no fording for me, so not a big deal for this use.

Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Thanks for the replies. I think I now know what to do with them.... ;)

@skinnedknuckles: Thank you for letting me use your truck for the thread. It was the only picture that showed the bolts clear enought to make my point. I understand the truck being in pieces. Mine is still in a gazillion pieces two years later. But I'm getting there slowly and surely. :lol:
M37s are HMMWV in my world!