LICENSE TO CARRY

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

LICENSE TO CARRY

Post by SOTVEN »

HI ALL, I JUST PICKED UP AN APPLICATION FROM THE POLICE DEPARTMENT IN MY TOWN TO RENEW MY FID, WHICH I HAD FIRST GOTTEN BACK IN THE EARLY 90S WHEN I WAS A COLLEGE STUDENT. SO AFTER GOING THROUGH THE APPLICATION, I THOUGHT THAT PERHAPS I SHOULD GO AHEAD AND APPLY FOR AN LTC ALL TOGETHER. I WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH A 3 HOUR SAFETY TRAINING/LEGAL COURSE (I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT), ANSWER A WHOLE BUNCH OF QUESTIONS REGARDING MY PAST (ALL CLEAR WITH THAT AS WELL), HAVE TWO PEOPLE REFERANCE ME FOR AN LTC??? WHATEVER, I HAVE MORE THAN JUST TWO PEOPLE FOR THAT, AND FINALLY "REASONS FOR REQUESTING THE ISSUANCE OF LICENSE"!!!!! EXPLAIN IN THREE LINES THAT IS. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THERE? "BECAUSE THE FOREFATHERS OF THIS NATION SAID SO? (SEE 2ND AMMENDMEND MR OFFICER)". OR PERHAPS BECAUSE "THE POSSESION OF ARMS DISTINGUISHES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FREE MAN AND A SLAVE?" (ANDREW FLETCHER, THE MAKING OF THE US CONSTITUTION 1776) OR PERHAPS BECAUSE "ALL THOSE WHO WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE GUNS AND RATHER BE LOCKED UP FOR LIFE FOR CRIMES THEY HAVE COMMITED ARE OUT FREE AND ARMED TO THEIR TEETH?" (JUST READ ANY NEWSPAPER ANY DAY OF THE WEEK) OR PERHAPS I SHOULD SIMPLY WRITE "WHY NOT HAVE A LICENSE?" I AM REALLY SCEPTICAL ABOUT THIS STUPID QUESTION. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE MASSACHUSETTS STATE TROOPERS' UNIFORMS RESEMBLE "NAZI GERMANY" FOR A REASON AFTER ALL....
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Chunk
CPL
CPL

Post by Chunk »

Put down... " personal defense,and exercising my second amendment rights".
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

License to carry...

Post by Nickathome »

I'm confused....You're from Greece, yet I see mention of our 2nd Amendment? I don't get it......

Seems though that your country puts alot of undue bullshit in front of your approval of a license. Here in Pa, you fill out a form mostly standard who you are, where do you live, have you been convicted of a felony, etc, everyday stuff. For reason, I check off "self defense", end of story, no other explanation required. Pennsylvania is a "Shall Issue" state. This means that unless you are a convicted felon, they CANNOT deny you a license to carry firearms.
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Re: License to carry...

Post by SOTVEN »

Nickathome wrote:I'm confused....You're from Greece, yet I see mention of our 2nd Amendment? I don't get it......

Seems though that your country puts alot of undue bullshit in front of your approval of a license. Here in Pa, you fill out a form mostly standard who you are, where do you live, have you been convicted of a felony, etc, everyday stuff. For reason, I check off "self defense", end of story, no other explanation required. Pennsylvania is a "Shall Issue" state. This means that unless you are a convicted felon, they CANNOT deny you a license to carry firearms.
SORRY FOR THE CONFUTION MY FRIEND. I AM FROM GREECE BUT CURRENTLY LIVING IN MASSACHUSETTS. I WAS BORN HERE. SO I AM TALKING ABOUT A MASS LTC. AND YOU ARE RIGHT LOTS OF BULLSHIT BUT UNFORTUNATELLY IT IS FROM THIS COUNTRY (OR STATE AT LEAST)...
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

Chunk wrote:Put down... " personal defense,and exercising my second amendment rights".
I THINK I MIGHT JUST DO THAT. BESIDES, THATS WHAT THE REASON IS ANYHOW.
98taco3
CPL
CPL

Post by 98taco3 »

I feel bad for you guys out there in the republic of Massachusetts! I know a few people out there trying to get their permit and have had no luck for 2 years now. From what ive heard an intensive pistol course can really help your odds of getting the permit. Something like Frontsight or similar. Time to move to a right to carry state :D
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Post by powerwagontim »

Hey Sotven,
Come on up here to the Republic of Vermont. No concealed carry permits needed! Anyone can pack heat that wants to!
No gun registrations either.
Tim
vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Post by vtdeucedriver »

powerwagontim wrote:Hey Sotven,
Come on up here to the Republic of Vermont. No concealed carry permits needed! Anyone can pack heat that wants to!
Tim
:D Another Vermonter here.
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club Army Transportation Association Vietnam

http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com
1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

98taco3 wrote:I feel bad for you guys out there in the republic of Massachusetts! I know a few people out there trying to get their permit and have had no luck for 2 years now. From what ive heard an intensive pistol course can really help your odds of getting the permit. Something like Frontsight or similar. Time to move to a right to carry state :D
WELL, AS I MENTIONED, THE SAFETY/ ARMS COURSE WILL BE MANDATORY REGARDLESS. PERHAPS YOU HAVE A POINT, MAYBE I SHOULD MOVE :)
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

powerwagontim wrote:Hey Sotven,
Tim
THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!! AND I LIKE VERMONT. I MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DAILY COMMUTE BACK TO WORK HOWEVER, LOL :)
MikeOneSix
SSGT
SSGT

Post by MikeOneSix »

SOTVEN
I wouldn't point out that the Mass. State troopers look like Nazis as someone might get offended......probably the Nazis :P .
Matt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

I have met quite a few troopers that are MVPA members and have restored MV's and never goose stepped an inch! I try not to ridicule a man's boots until I have walked in them a mile! Anybody here ever made a 0200 traffic stop in the middle of nowhere not knowing weather the guy in the car is a tired old local drunk or armed convict? Try it sometime. :wink:
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

cuz wrote:I have met quite a few troopers that are MVPA members and have restored MV's and never goose stepped an inch! I try not to ridicule a man's boots until I have walked in them a mile! Anybody here ever made a 0200 traffic stop in the middle of nowhere not knowing weather the guy in the car is a tired old local drunk or armed convict? Try it sometime. :wink:
WELL SPOKEN CUZ. PERSONALLY, I DID NOT INTENT TO OFFEND THE TROOPERS, AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELLY RIGHT ABOUT THE HARDSHIP OF THEIR WORK AND I APOLOGIZE IF MY ENGLISH MADE IT LOOK THAT WAY. MY OFFENSIVE WAS TOWARDS THE LEGISLATION IN THIS STATE THAT ASKS FOR STUPID THINGS, AS IF CONVICTS WILL APPLY FOR A LICENCE TO CARRY AND GO COMMIT CRIMES WITH GUNS REGISTERED TO THEIR NAMES. ALSO THOSE WHO DISIGNED THE TROOPER UNIFORMS I BET THEY WERE NOT THE TROOPERS THEMSELVES, BUT SOMEONE ABOVE THEM THAT SHARES THE SAME VIEWS WITH THE LAWMAKERS WHO ASKED "REASONS TO GET A LICENCE TO CARRY"
GERALDO
PFC
PFC

LAW ENFORCEMENT NEEDS TO GET ON BOARD !

Post by GERALDO »

I have had my CCP here in North Carolina for 2 years and before I got it I was eating lunch one day when a retired chief deputy came in and we got into a conversation about law abiding citizens carrying conceled weapons . He was totally against it, my response to his opposition was ; Have you ever been out on patrol in the morning with several not the best of society pulled over which could possibly overpower you and may have taken your service revolver away from you and end your life in a few seconds and you look up and see a car comming and thinking , hope he will stop and help me! I put 24 years in the army and may not be the smartest knife in the drawer, but I am not STUPID and not going to stop and help him unless I am armed , I would like to live a few more years and if I saw a officer in this situation I would stop and help him along with my SMITH & WESSON .357 . but I hope this situation never happens.
MikeOneSix
SSGT
SSGT

Re: LAW ENFORCEMENT NEEDS TO GET ON BOARD !

Post by MikeOneSix »

GERALDO wrote:I have had my CCP here in North Carolina for 2 years and before I got it I was eating lunch one day when a retired chief deputy came in and we got into a conversation about law abiding citizens carrying conceled weapons . He was totally against it, my response to his opposition was ; Have you ever been out on patrol in the morning with several not the best of society pulled over which could possibly overpower you and may have taken your service revolver away from you and end your life in a few seconds and you look up and see a car comming and thinking , hope he will stop and help me! I put 24 years in the army and may not be the smartest knife in the drawer, but I am not STUPID and not going to stop and help him unless I am armed , I would like to live a few more years and if I saw a officer in this situation I would stop and help him along with my SMITH & WESSON .357 . but I hope this situation never happens.
I think that's supposed to be "sharpest" knife in the drawer :P :) . I had a conversation with one of the local road deputys a couple of years back about the "armed citizen" and he said he was all for it for the very reason you mentioned above.

Not all LEOs are anti-gun/jack booted thugs but it only takes a few rotten apples to spoil the bunch as the saying goes.
Matt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups