deuce and a half top

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ffr1910
PVT
PVT

deuce and a half top

Post by ffr1910 »

will it fit my m37? mine appears to have shrunk?? over time and now there is a gap at the back that lets cold air in. sportsmansguide.com has khaki surplus tops for $150 while the two canvas shops i checked want $300. i think i have a deuce cover on mine now(it came with the truck) as it has the grommets along the top for the twisty fasteners, but my truck has now twistys. what say you all?

bill
ffr1910
PVT
PVT

Post by ffr1910 »

bueller?
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Mine had a deuce cage when I picked it up, with a ragged canvas top (no "twistys" either). Once I got the correct M37 canvas top I discovered that the deuce cage doesn't align properly across the back canvas bow area (and there are two on the deuce cage vs a single bow for the M37). It didn't secure properly in the front either, and the M37 canvas won't adapt to the deuce framework, so I ended up obtaining the proper M37 cab top framework and bow for the "correct" look.

Stated differently, the cage WILL fit, if all you are looking for is a rain bonnet, but you'll continue to have issues attaching any kind of unorthodox top to it....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

With deuce framework it will fit but it will be large :wink:
May God grant me with the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot, The ability to shoot the things I can and a place to hide the bodies
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

In other words, after reading all the other posts in this thread, "No, a deuce top will not fit an M37." You can "make it sorta fit," as my wife would say, and it would look "almost exactly the same, only different" (again, as my wife would say). I don't think you'd be happy with it. I know I wouldn't.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

A friend of mine put a 35 top on his 37, didn't look to bad but as Gary mentioned you'll need to add a second bow (and twist locks) or use a deuce frame

[/img]Image
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

m37 tops

Post by 8543bob »

HI, I WENT TO THE SPORTSMANGUIDE,COM WEB SITE, BUT DID NOT SEE TOPS FOR ANY VEHICLE. CAN YOU SEND THE PAGE TO:
LOKEYNYC@AOL.COM? THANKS BOB