Just a thought

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jbxx
SGT
SGT

Just a thought

Post by jbxx »

I was driving my M37 yesterday and it gave me pause to ponder.
I enjoy driving this truck sooo much, it's just fun.
I love the reactions.
Men, obvious envy.
Women, don't get it, hope that their men don't get any bright ideas.
Old men, young children wave and smile.
[tounge in cheek]
Does everbody else get these visceral types of reactions?
Even if no one ever saw it but me, I wouldnt trade it for all the tea in China.
J.B.
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Post by captain kirk »

Yea i get it all the time when i`m driving OD around,enjoy. :D
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

Yes I get it all the time. Especially here in Greece where vehicles are considerably small (a Mazda 6 is considered a large car) my m sticks out like a sore thumb, in a good way. The other day someone literally jumped in front of my truck in traffic yelling " stop, stop". I am telling you he scared the s... out of me because I though I had run over someone and did not realize it. It turned out he wanted to ask me where did I get this truck and that he really enjoyed seeing the truck move around town. However, I noticed that some women do like it, especially in the summer that I ride around "topless". (the cabin that is, not my self.) :D
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Not yet road-worthy and I'm getting those reactions when it's parked and I'm working on it. They run the gamut of "Nice jeep... (ugh), or "that's awesome!" or other comments-always very positive and it helps my motivation to get it on the road.
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
TOM R
SSGT
SSGT

Post by TOM R »

I love driving the 46 gi jeep i have, around town and in parades vets love it kids love it you see em point and explain to the kids what it is what the guns are etc. it brings people together and helps open dialog with the introduction of a visual aid, people pull up next to me at traffic lites and ask questions, same at gas stations etc. even had some girls with a new jeep take pics with me :wink: all in all drivin OD is tons of fun we have not driven the m37 yet but she is ready for next parade season and I am sure will be a big hit, now if only I could get the weasel tracks fixed up that would be a real treat for the parades you never see a track vehicle here anymore :D
1945 t24/m29 weasel
1946 cj2a ww2 style
1954 m37
mvpa 31698
nra lifer
kc8sfq
PVT
PVT

people in traffic

Post by kc8sfq »

someone literally jumped in front of my truck in traffic yelling

I had a guy run out in front of me waving his arms and yelling "I used to drive one of those". I replied "Then you'll know the truth about the brakes, don't run out in front of one in traffic"
No society in history has ever taxed it's way to prosperity.
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

hahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Milsurp
PFC
PFC

Post by Milsurp »

Mine is a daily driver. And I get questions, rubber necking, smiles, waves, thumbs up, and one guy that saw me coming down the road, stopped and saluted me as I drove by.

:D
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Looks...

Post by Nickathome »

On the few "unauthorized" trips up the street in my truck(not licensed yet) I have gotten alot of puzzled looks from people who obviously have no idea what kind of truck they are looking at. Can't wait until I get her legal and pull up to the carry out window at Mickey D's one afternoon...Then again the mexican employees will probably think the tomato truck has just pulled up to take them back to the fields :lol: