Battery Box setup

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

johnpstoll

Battery Box setup

Post by johnpstoll »

I can't find any pics or diagrams of the battery box and what's in there (besides the batteries). I see all the holes but I'm trying to figure out their function. Does anybody have any pics of what's the setup looks like without the batteries installed. Mine had particle board in the bottom, you can imagine what that looked like after years. I don't see a break down in the parts manual.

Thanks

John
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Re: Battery Box setup

Post by sturmtyger380 »

I was looking for photos I might have. Seems I didn't take any of the bottom of the box.

The box has holes it in to allow it to be bolted to the body. Other than that there are holes to bolt the battery tray to the box. Can't remember the holes might be for both. :roll:

Tray: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 3789848894

There is one other hole that is a drain from the tray. That's the small hole between the two mounting holes in the picture.

Other than that there is the hold down frame and the long carriage type bolts that come up from the battery tray.

https://shop.midwestmilitary.com/produc ... ld-down-3/

Then on the side of the box where the cables come in there is a rubber holder with a metal shell.

https://shop.midwestmilitary.com/produc ... ainer-kit/

Hope this helps.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
johnpstoll

Post by johnpstoll »

Thanks for the pic. I'm missing the tray and couldn't find a picture of it. This answers my question of the holes and what they're for.

John
Dicktater
CPL
CPL

Post by Dicktater »

@johnpstoll I have the tray and the battery hold down, I sold my M37 so make me an offer. Below is link to my for sale add here.

http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php ... 74fb6c0571
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

This is the builder’s blog section. You should have put this question in the technical sub-forum.
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

(Moved to the Technical group per Sebastian's suggestion).
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
vargaspj
PFC
PFC

Post by vargaspj »

Here are two pictures of just the battery box - without the separate battery tray (that the batteries sit in), without the top hinged lid, and without the rubber grommet assemblies where the battery cables go through the box.
This battery box sits on the floor of the cab under the passenger seat.
Then the separate battery tray (that the batteries actually sit in) goes in the bottom of the battery box.
Then four bolts go through the holes in the battery tray, then through the holes in the bottom of the battery box, then through the holes in the cab floor and into four welded nuts on the bottom of the cab floor.
That lash-up holds the battery tray and battery box to the cab floor under the passenger seat.
Then you put the two batteries inside the assembly.
Then there's a separate top hinged cover that goes on the battery box.
There's also two battery hold-down bolts that go from the sides of the battery tray to the battery hold-down to secure the batteries in place to the battery tray.
Battery box picture only attached.
Note two hinge pins where the battery box top attaches to and rotates open on.
Also note holes where the rubber grommets attach where the battery cables go through the box.
Attachments
Battery pix 1.pdf
(244.3 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
vargaspj
PFC
PFC

Post by vargaspj »

Second picture of just the battery box (different angle).
Attachments
Battery pix 2.pdf
(229.39 KiB) Downloaded 48 times