Wire Routing / Mounting Hardware / Clips / etc. ???

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Elvis A Presley
PVT
PVT

Wire Routing / Mounting Hardware / Clips / etc. ???

Post by Elvis A Presley »

Howdy friends!!

Just curious if there's any information concerning wire routing and the stuff required to mount a wiring harness?? (clips, hardware, sheet metal screws)
My 1962 M37wow was used by the road commission as a asphalt truck. I'm guessing since they don't work at night, they made a crappy attempt to convert the truck to 12 volts by ripping the wiring harness out and running what looks like trailer wiring for two brake lights!! What a mess.
I have the wiring diagram - which is nice - but there's little left to show where the wires are supposed to go??
Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for your help!!!
1966 Fairlane GTA
1966 M151A1
1962 M37B1 WOW
PoW
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Wire Routing / Mounting Hardware / Clips / etc. ???

Post by PoW »

Mosey over to Steelsoldiers.com and dig up the free downloads of all the G741 series truck tech manuals.

The 10-, 20-, and 30- series TM's have illustrations of all the areas of the vehicles.

Flog your printer and learn more about your truck.

PoW
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

I was in the same situation. Looking through the manuals you can eventually piece together how the wiring routes and what holds it down or to the frame. The pictures of thinks like the axle chapter shows part of the frame. Other chapters have photos of other things but in the background show the wiring, vent and brake line placement.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
Elvis A Presley
PVT
PVT

Post by Elvis A Presley »

Sweet!!! Thank you gentlemen!!
I'll go head that way and see what I can dig up!

Have a nice day!
1966 Fairlane GTA
1966 M151A1
1962 M37B1 WOW
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

The parts manual (the big one, there are several) shows all the parts and gives dimensions and often, locations.
Between the manuals I have found EVERYTHING I've needed.
Ignore the chapters, closely examine ALL the pictures and illustrations
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

If you share where you are located, maybe someone nearby will let you take a look at theirs. Manuals and pictures are great, but if you can see one done right in person, that would answer a lot of questions.

You can add your location information to your user profile, and it will show up in the sidebar on every post you make (though that sidebar may be hidden if viewing on a smart phone). Look for your name near the upper right corner. Click on the little triangle near it, and select "User Control Panel". In the page that pops up, click on the "Profile" tab and fill in whatever information you feel like sharing.
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine