My wheels are almost done

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

808morgan
CPL
CPL

My wheels are almost done

Post by 808morgan »

We had to get the wheels done before we started the major stuff (4BT etc..), now we can roll it around better. Brakes are done, I got disks up front from Charles and I already had a power steering kit. Rear drums are rebuilt now too. We got some new bead lock ring studs and nuts from midwest, changed those all out. We figured the 1943 studs were not going to be safe. Anyway after the delays with covid and the fires/smoke and getting back to work it will be nice to get some more progress. I work on shows and we are about to go into a four month run of intense work so that will not be fun but it will help the project.

******** Bad news, one of the rims is too far gone, he just got the tire off one I bought from a guy in the East Bay and it's no good. This project never gives me a break... So I guess I have to have one mismatched wheel for now, it took me a year to get four combat wheels...

*********Andy might know someone with one, we will see if it works out.

shrunk.jpg
shrunk.jpg (137.31 KiB) Viewed 887 times
I also saw this truck with combat wheels and XZL tires:

https://www.campbellcoachworks.com/hannibalrestyling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6mGvNCQPcs
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Re: My wheels are almost done

Post by Argie1978 »

Keep it up, mate. Even doing upgrades sometimes can be harder than looking for the old stuff that is no longer produced.
Part of the game.
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Re: My wheels are almost done

Post by 808morgan »

Argie1978 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:02 am Keep it up, mate. Even doing upgrades sometimes can be harder than looking for the old stuff that is no longer produced.
Part of the game.
Yeah thanks, Andy might have found one through a friend so we'll check it out. I have the other wheels so it doesn't stop the project from moving forward. It will be in the shop for three more months at least I would guess. I want to go to the MVCC/MVPA meets but I'm a stagehand and the show schedules always seem to get in the way!