M37 bumper markings for the 101st airborne

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

mrpudgy

M37 bumper markings for the 101st airborne

Post by mrpudgy »

I know this subject has been discussed here a lot but I surfed the forums and I wasn't able to find exactly what I'm looking for. I have a 1953 army m37 and I would like to put the correct numbers on the side as well as on the bumper. My grandfather was drafted in the Korean war and served in the 101st airborne motor pool, I would like to put the correct numbers on for this.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Re: M37 bumper markings for the 101st airborne

Post by k8icu »

Well, we need a little more information before we can help you out with your numbering. The bumper markings when read left to right go Highest Head Quarters, then next level down HQ and then the unit the truck is assigned to. So it would be 101AB to start, but then was grandpa assigned to Division HQ? Or did he work in say one of the brigades, a battalion or even a company? Being in the motor pool he was most likely in a Headquarters Company but again at which level. You would need to see if you can get that information and then we can help you get a more accurate numbers.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
mrpudgy

Re: M37 bumper markings for the 101st airborne

Post by mrpudgy »

I'm currently in the process of getting that information from the national military records I'm still waiting to hear back from them I'll let you know as soon as I get the info back