Never hassled about being slow

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Never hassled about being slow

Post by NAM VET »

In the maybe 5 K miles and 6 or so years I have had my own truck no one, not once, has ever honked or flipped me off when I take a few seconds to get into gear at a stop sign or stop light. Never had anyone display frustration and anger about me slowing for a hill or a merge. I have always thought that the drivers just respect and admire older military vehicles. But then, just maybe, there might be some other reason all seems so serene when I am out and about. hal
ImageImage
RCrombie
CPL
CPL

Re: Never hassled about being slow

Post by RCrombie »

Could it be that everyone is calm, respectful and rarely in a hurry these days?
Hmm nah there’s got to be some other reason....
j mccormick
CPL
CPL

Post by j mccormick »

Maybe they think the 50 cal is remote control!! :)
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

j mccormick wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:41 am Maybe they think the 50 cal is remote control!! :)
Looks like a .30 to me...
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

it is a de-milled M1919, 30 cal, with a belt of my 30-06 dummy rounds. Per the feds, to be "legal" is has to be incapable of being made to fire full auto. It is legal to have a semi-auto one. Hence, the right side plate is thicker than real, so a bolt cannot be inserted into the receiver. I don't drive around with it on, just for shows and the like. It is really popular at shows, people just love to climb up and swing it around, esp women, who often mutter "l need one of these. I have a T&E for it too.

hal, UpState SC
RCrombie
CPL
CPL

Post by RCrombie »

If you need more space and courtesy from other drivers, you could always level up your armament
6FE42EF6-BBC3-4892-BF52-CFCE0C476F91.jpeg
6FE42EF6-BBC3-4892-BF52-CFCE0C476F91.jpeg (179.75 KiB) Viewed 704 times
(Image lifted from Canadian arms and armour website)