possible scam **************

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

possible scam **************

Post by vinnytruck »

Hi Guys, need some insight...a member M6scout got in touch with me wanting to purchase my truck. had a good talk, sent a copy of title and never heard from him since. Even got him a carrier for the haul. (set for this week) QUESTION: DID I GET SCAMED????? and this guy has my vin and info. ????????????????? anyone experence this?????????? need help quick I can provide full name and tel. #. He said he was a good friend of midwest Bzel. thanks VT
vinnytruck
Cal_Gary

Re: possible scam **************

Post by Cal_Gary »

Yes that's very suspicious, unless something happened in the buyer's world over the past few days.
I'd notify the DMV, and if you've also not received payment, do not allow the shipper to onload.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

THANK YOU calgary, I am on it...I am stopping onload till I hear further. DMV will hear from me too, but I dont know if NJ is connected to all states DMV. Ill keep you posted guys.
vinnytruck
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

Guys, At this time I am advised NJ DMV cannot do anything. They had said it sounds like a scam be weary. I am passing this to all members to be aware of this member at this time till further clarification of a sale or not. This shipment has been put on hold. The member uses login M6scout , Bob corivi tel. # 203 830 9499 I listed the info. to protect our members till I find anything that this is not a possible scam. Please be advised. VT
vinnytruck
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

You might consider filing a police report, too.
Thanks for sharing the previous info Vinne!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

In my state, a copy of the title is just a piece of paper. Only the original is valid. Knowing a VIN doesn't do a heck of a lot of good either. But hope you don't have troubles from the guy.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

Hi Guys, I hope everyone had a great christmas & New Years. I am keeping my fingers crossed. The guy in question answered me back and stated he will not be buying my truck because he is buying a house.????? WELL, Left hand house...right hand M37...I pick wait for it, wait for it...M37 he lost...Maybe he just got cold feet. Sooooooooo, lets hope for the better hes a NoN Buyer and not an evil person. Thanks guys for listening, VT, Although (always) lets keep all us guys protected internally with the forum.
vinnytruck
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks for the update, Vinne; stay vigilant Everyone!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W