Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

outpostm37
CPL
CPL

Read my spark plug, give me your thoughts

Post by outpostm37 »

IMG_6803.jpeg
IMG_6803.jpeg (188.76 KiB) Viewed 559 times
I have about 200 miles on the rebuilt M37 engine. The 230 was punched .060" over, new sealed power pistons/rings. Engine block needed to be cut .010" Head machined .020". All new bearings. Rotating assembly balanced, then flywheel attached and it was balanced, then the clutch pressure plate attached and it was balanced. Conrods were weighed and were within 3 grams. Engine idles very smooth. Autolite 2243 spark plugs. All plugs look identical. Engine runs very well. Gasoline used is the 87 octane in the ETW1 carburetor and splash of Mystery motor oil in the tank. Your thoughts?
j mccormick
CPL
CPL

Re: Read my spark plug, give me your thoughts

Post by j mccormick »

It looks like its firing great, the ash around the outside is probably from burning a little oil. 200 miles wouldn't be completely broke in yet. The rings should seat in as you put more miles on it. If it's running well I wouldn't worry about those plugs. Joe
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

electrode looks clean, any prolonged idling will quickly cause carbon on plugs. You might try a few tanks without the Mystery oil, and see if your idle screw can be turned in a little bit. But congratulations. Hal
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

I foresee a dark mysterious stranger coming into your life. Give him food and water but nothing else.

Isn't that what you said you wanted? Read my spark plug isn't that like read the bumps on my head?

Actually I agree with what has already been stated. Looks good. Drive the truck and enjoy.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!