Carb rebuild

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

56c3
PVT
PVT

Carb rebuild

Post by 56c3 »

Any recommendations on a company to rebuild the carburetor? Any experience with Treadwell ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Re: Carb rebuild

Post by NAM VET »

I am not aware of the Treadwell company. Charles Talbert's team at M37 rebuilt my truck's carb when it was up there for much more. All I can say is that ever since my truck starts and runs perfectly. But if you want to try a rebuild yourself, have order replacement needles and seats from a company who sells parts kits, can't recall their name now, but easy to find. What kind of problems are you having, are you sure your fuel pressure is correct, not too high nor too low? Sometimes "Carb problems" are external to the carb itself, vacuum leaks, fuel issues, and more. NV
Sal
SFC
SFC

Post by Sal »

I had my Carb rebuilt by Treadwell a few years ago . They not only rebuilt it but they made adjustments and ran it on a test engine before sending it back to me. I had no problems with them and would use there services again.
1954 M37 WO/W
1969 M101A1
1967 M416
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Or trade yours in to John at Midwest Military. I did that 10 years ago and it still runs like new!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
signsup
PVT
PVT

Post by signsup »

I've got a carb up at MWM as we speak. Off my WC56. I have had carb rebuilt by local carb companies and the cost was in the $350 to $400 range and you were out a carb for six weeks or so. I just mailed my old carb to John and expect a plug and play carb to show up on my dorstep in a few days. Seemed like a no brainer. Adn, as I got a fuel pump from him, I requested a hard fuel line to connect the two as he will have sold me both ends of the run. Getting tank cleaned while I'm waiting. A new in line filter and I should have no issues with fuel.
Will have to find something else to blame when it won't start or runs sluggish.
Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Murf »

I recently went with the VPW "trade". Send in a decent core and you get a rebuilt carb. Although Mine looks like the same one I sent. The one received works great!