bulged NDT tire

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

bulged NDT tire

Post by NAM VET »

Was out about to crawl back under my truck to be ready for my two PTO shifter seals to arrive later today (polished the shafts with 600 and then 1500 sand paper, then with a buffing wheel, they look as shiny as stainless.)

But noted my left front STA NDT has a bulging tread, can almost put my finger thru it. So dropped the pressure, and will put my new spare STA NDT on immediately. Unfortunate, as it has about half of its tread left. Only a little mud offloading, never on rocks or like. But has anyone had a better experience with a different brand (US?) NDT tire I can try to source? I know NDT's don't wear much past maybe 2K miles on the road, and wish I had switched over to a Goodyear or other modern tire before this.

One of my other tires is about worn out, so I need one for that too. I just don't like driving around without a spare. Just not happy with STA tires. NV
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Re: bulged NDT tire

Post by NAM VET »

talked with Charles T, he said no problem with the Goodyear (two choices) in 315 75 16, fits on the 6.5 Dodge rim fine. I am going to put my new NDT on in place of the bulged one, get a Goodyear for a spare, and when the rest of my NDT's wear out, replace all four with the Goodyears. The size of the new and NDT tires is within a half inch in height.

Hal
Cal_Gary

Re: bulged NDT tire

Post by Cal_Gary »

I run a set of STA NDTs-they're about 50% tread with 3,000 miles on them.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500