General info

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

bobcat1/178th
PVT
PVT

General info

Post by bobcat1/178th »

Well gents. I am beginning to put my 53 M37 together and its been awhile so there will be many questions...Frame is done, axles done, brakes & lines done, fuel line done. Next question is should I drop in the engine, trans and transfer or would you recommend other items for ease of the build?

Also I have installed the NOS rear wiring harness but want to know if there is a practical fairly easy way to convert to dual rear turn signal/stop/running lights?

As for fuel lines I am using original style fuel pump (Ball & Carter if I remember) It was professionally rebuilt. Do I need the original style fuel filter and line system ? Currently I have a single line pickup plate on the tank from VINTAGE PW....
Cal_Gary

Re: General info

Post by Cal_Gary »

Congrats on your progress, Bobcat!
I'd drop in the running gear next. The cab (w/o the steering shaft installed), bed and fenders go on easily, even with the drivetrain in place.
I can't speak for the military harness conversion because I run a civvy harness.
I would think any proper fuel line and in-line filter would work with your rebuilt pump. You just need to ensure your fuel cap is vented since you're running a single line on the tank.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
bobcat1/178th
PVT
PVT

Re: General info

Post by bobcat1/178th »

Great , will start on that today....