2021 ROLL CALL-PLEASE CHECK IN!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

Re: 2021 ROLL CALL-PLEASE CHECK IN!

Post by wvcharlie »

I'm still here with my 65 M37 I have had since 2008. I don't say much but I'm around. I did a disc brake conversion last summer. Best thing I ever did!
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Still here still working on the M37B3 concept.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
m-11
SGT
SGT

Post by m-11 »

I'm still here but haven't posted much.
k8icu wrote:Still here still working on the M37B3 concept.
I remember when you traded your A1 for the 37. I picked up mine in May 08 and had it torn down by Sep 09. Its still in pieces as you can see. Yes that is the whole truck in that pile minus the engine, radiator and fuel tank which are in another area.

Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Murf »

Still here. Other than work, I poke my head up outside like Phil to see if spring is here yet. :(
Pat Gray
PFC
PFC

Post by Pat Gray »

I am still around. Hi to everyone!!
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

Still around down here. Been reading the forum since '98. Hope I had more time to work in my M37 project.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
RCrombie
CPL
CPL

Post by RCrombie »

Still here, still working on the truck! Very very slowly. Haven’t updated my build thread in a year since often there’s such little progress. Now that everything here is thawing out, I should get out to the shop a bit more.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Nice of all you guys to weigh in-thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Hello Old Friends and New Members,

First a shout out to Robi for helping with my password glitch.

14 years here ...WOW! It has been 15 years since my M37 purchase and old M37B1 "58-091618" still serves me well 25,000 miles later. She is no longer the award-winning resto she once was. Paint is fading as it is now stored outdoors, a few minor oil drips, and a little rust here and there. Tires beginning to weather check. She still turns heads. However I enjoy countless backwoods adventures now in the Uwharrie National Forrest getting it muddy and having a blast on my quest for the elusive Bigfoot and other adventures. The Jeep people are still envious....

The last few months I have been tending to a M35A2 my buddy bought. Solid truck. Lots of fun.

I am looking forward to the Denton, NC rally the end of April after a year hiatus due to Covid. I just bought a new cover for my M101. They make great little campers at shows and events. Hope to see some of you there at Denton.

After three years of having the parts on the shelf, I have installed my electric fuel pump set up on the M37 last weekend. Everything went as planned other than I ignored a gasoline soaked shirt sleeve while switching the stubborn tank line fitting to the spin on filter I installed underneath (too enthralled in the project to go in and change) and got a chemical burn from the high test gasoline in and around my armpit. All the years of getting splashed with fuel I never had that happen. I now have a new buzzing noise to contend with but I have only been stranded twice in that truck, both times the mechanical pump gave up. Pin backed out of the OEM. Lever broke on a aftermarket. I will try and post pics of the new fuel pump set up. Take care all :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi David, been too long my friend!
You and your fuel pumps! I remember your old post about forgetting your pump mounting bolts, etc. like it was yesterday! My electric pump buzzes too, but it's actually a good thing because the sound changes when the fuel starts hinting at vapor lock (not a problem this time of year)!

I worked on M35 deuces throughout my Army career-they are amazing trucks, especially those with the whistler turbo-much more torque than the old gassers. I'd like to have one myself, but alas, no room.
Don't be a stranger!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Post by powerwagontim »

Well, as John M. mentioned early in this thread, I am still around. A couple of years ago I changed the focus of my business, Distinctive Restoration from working on houses to trucks! Let my crew go, and work alone and love every day of it! I have completed a frame off resto of an M37, mostly stock but glossy grey with gloss black fenders and trim. Pretty sharp! I have never figured out how to post pictures on here, sorry! I just completed a restoration of a 42 WC53 Carryall. It was about 3/4 complete when I got it. Awaiting shippers to bring it back home to Georgia. Working on Johns truck now and have another M37 to do afterwards. Other jobs in negotiation phase, life is good! And yes, I still have my M37, although it is severely neglected!
Happiness is enjoying what you already have!
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

Having seen Tim's M37 (a.k.a. "Blueberry") I can tell you that his definition of "severely neglected" differs from most of us normal mortals.
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
MarkPick
CPL
CPL

Post by MarkPick »

Still here and still working on restoring my 63 M-37.
USAF Retired
Desert Storm
Iraqi Freedom
BGarth

Post by BGarth »

First post!
Still here lurking and learning...
53 former brush truck- going restomod
Frank Irons
PVT
PVT

Post by Frank Irons »

Still around and checking in time to time.