members in SC?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

members in SC?

Post by TRACTORg25 »

Are there any members in South Carolina? I am located in the upstate. Would like to host a meet and greet.
mdog

in SC

Post by mdog »

I am located in bennettsville, which is 40 mi northeast of Florence. I have two M37's with the intent to make one restored, but neither are presently running or being worked on. I also have two WC 63's which I am combining to make one restored vehicle, but I have a long way to go. This website is one source of knowledge to learn about old dodges. Time for shows and seeing other dodges and collectors seems to be hard to come by.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Gotta find the time, MDog! I go to a pair of semi-annual meets here in CA, and also check this forum every weekday, as you never know who is going to drop a gift right in your lap! In my case, Kurt Hirte GAVE me an M37 cab to replace my trashed cab-I'd have never made contact with Kurt w/o this forum and have since made an additional trip or two down to SoCal to see him. That's why I continue to say this forum has a group like no other-we help each other out, offer advice, get advice and share a common interest!

Again, make the time to meet those who are close by and attend an event when you can. I know you have your hands full with such a treasure-trove of vehicles, but I encourage you to give it a shot-you'll enjoy it!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

Post by TRACTORg25 »

I currently have a 1953 M37. When I bought the truck it did not have a bed. Also it was painted red, ex-fire dept. truck. I have repainted, re wired, replaced soft top, recovered seats, cleaned and seal fuel tank, replaced master sylinder, added rear dual budd wheels, added a flat bed, added a reciever hitch, added m35 turn signals. That is one of the reasons why I would like to meet other people in SC that have MVs. I live in Union. Just south of Charlotte NC, west of Columbia and east of Greenville.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Sounds like quite a project and very similar to my own: replaced cab, bed, top, new tailgate, bumperettes, pintle hitch, brakes, carb, and on and on and on! You gotta love it!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

Post by TRACTORg25 »

Yes I do. I get to use my background as a heavy equipment tech to perform all the work myself.
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

pictures

Post by TRACTORg25 »

you can see pictures of my work in process in the m37 gallery under Clint Goodson
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Wait

Post by DAP »

You live in Union county NC???? So do I just south of Waxhaw a mile south of JAARS or 3 miles north of the SC stateline off of 200. Where are you? Do you know Andy hinson?
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

You guys be sure and stay clear of the lake where Susan Smith rolled her car full of kids into the water, now, y'heah?
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

Post by TRACTORg25 »

Its Union, SC. I actually live about six mile from John D. Long lake where se drowned her two boys. Because of that incident myself and four others started the Unoin Rescue Dive Team.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Actually, I was just twistin' yer tail with that comment, but I'm glad to know that something good came out of her dastardly deed. May you never again have need to use your skills in a hurry, but stay in practice, anyway!

I know that area pretty well (or at least I used to), having been stationed ath Shaw AFB some twenty-odd years ago. We used to go through Union fairly regularly on convoy training exercises.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

Post by TRACTORg25 »

Shaw AFB. I have done a lot of work just across the road at Sumter County Sand/ Glasscock Construction. Got to see a lot of good flying there.
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

Post by TRACTORg25 »

still looking to meet members in South Carolina. Mostly in the upstate / west of Columbia