What goes around comes around

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

What goes around comes around

Post by sturmtyger380 »

Years ago, before I started working on my M37 I had it stored at my place. My neighbor came over and saw it and fell in love with the idea of having one. We were both looking for one and finally he found one in Tennessee. So off he went over the Blue Ridge Mountains with a trailer to fetch it. He had the typical recovery adventure with a blown head gasket on the way back.

He worked on fixing it some over the years. It ended up with low compression and then he lost interest. We both live in the country so even though he is a neighbor it’s about 1/4 of a mile to his place. He offered it to me to buy but I didn’t need another truck to work on. I lost track of the truck as I just didn’t see it at his place back in the woods.

So, the other week I am trolling FB in the M37 group and see where this guy is selling a machined crank for an M37. I contact him and eventually go over to his place about 30 miles away in the next town. Turns out he had the engine at a machine shop and all they got to finish was the crank. Then he changed his mind and is putting a small block V8 in the truck.

So, he made me a great deal on the crank and all the other parts from the truck that ran, things like generator, starter, radiator, carb, transmission and the list goes on. He included a bunch of new stuff he had bought for the engine like pistons, valves, ring set and a complete gasket kit!

So, we start talking about the truck and I find out it was my neighbors! So, all the parts I saved ended up back 1/4 mile from where they started! :lol:
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
RCrombie
CPL
CPL

Re: What goes around comes around

Post by RCrombie »

Well that’s a nice way for things to come full circle! Now if only that would happen for me...
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: What goes around comes around

Post by m-37Bruce »

Cool story, you can't make that stuff up, excellent catch for you too!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA