M37 First Aid Kit

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

overton
PVT
PVT

M37 First Aid Kit

Post by overton »

I have an 1963 M37B1 and there are 3 holes on the side of the seat where the first aid kit goes. Looks like it held a bracket. Can someone send me a photo of how that kit attaches to the side of the passenger seat?

Greg

overton@aol.com
52m37Hal
PFC
PFC

Post by 52m37Hal »

The three holes are for rubber bumpers. the FA kit is held in using a canvas strap that goes through 2 footman loops on either side of the kit.

Bruce and Carter both have good pics on their webshots pages.
Hal
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Been looking for the rubber bumpers to fit the holes. Any ideas out there? I was planning on making a ACE or NAPA run unless someone found some elsewhere?
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Been looking for the rubber bumpers to fit the holes. Any ideas out there? I was planning on making a ACE or NAPA run unless someone found some elsewhere?
overton
PVT
PVT

Rubber Bumpers

Post by overton »

What do the rubber bumpers look like? Anyone have one that can take a pictures of and post? They have quite a selection of rubber bumpers at Mcmaster-Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Here's One

Post by m-37Bruce »

NAPA has 'em dirt cheap too.
BTW, They also have the little bumpers for your glove box

[URL=http://news.webshots.com/photo/114 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
overton
PVT
PVT

Re: Here's One

Post by overton »

m-37Bruce wrote:NAPA has 'em dirt cheap too.
BTW, They also have the little bumpers for your glove box

[URL=http://news.webshots.com/photo/114 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
So do you have a part number or something. I am not even sure what these bumpers look like and I doubt I can ask for M37 First Aid Kit rubber bumpers.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I don't have a part number, but they look like little rubber rivets with one rounded side and one pointed side. The pointy end goes through the hole and it pops into place with the rounded side snug against the metal. They usually come 4 or 6 to a package in little plastic envelopes. They're usually on the little revolving "tree" with the electrical connectors and other small accessories.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Restoration Specialties

Post by N1VSM »

I got some bumpers that fit perfectly from restoration specialties http://www.restorationspecialties.com/. Call them and explain what you want: bumper diameter & height, hole diameter. They can help you. Darn it! I can't find documentation of what I got from them, I just can tell you it was a perfect fit. Look on page 84 of their catalog - item # 4249.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Their Both Right

Post by m-37Bruce »

Lifer & the Freeloader,
NAPA has a carasele, all full of smalls, captive nuts, rubber stuff & door hardware etc. I can't remember the name of the product line, but it also has NAPA on the package. The F/A mounts are medium hard plastic, look like blk buttons w/a stem. The glove box is an elongated bumper, soft rubber, w/ a long tit-stem. pull it through and it snaps into place.
The G/B bumpers are 10/12 for a buck, the F/A bumpers are 4/5 for a buck. 8)
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
g741
PVT
PVT

Post by g741 »

I still have a few of the correct NOS bumpers left. While you are purchasing and installing the bumpers, get two extras and drill two holes in the floor board and install bumpers. This keeps the first aid kit up off the floor and helps to prevent moisture and rust hanging out down there. Sid
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Great Idea

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey Sid, How are you doing?
Great idea, I have had a small rectangle of rubber sitting under my F/A kit.
:idea:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
overton
PVT
PVT

Attaching the Kit

Post by overton »

I have looked a few pictures and I see some trucks appear to have footmans loops for the strap that holds the F/A Kit. Mona at New Lift told me there should be a couple "slots" in the metal that the strap would feed through. I don't think my M37B1 has any slots? It has the 3 holes for the bumpers but that's it I think. I will look again, perhaps I missed something.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

3 Holes

Post by m-37Bruce »

My rig had the three holes, no slots, no footman loops either, funny I always thought the B-1's had the slots :? ?

I got my loops from Colman's, one dozen for 10 bucks. I wish I had mounted them a little higher than they are, but what the hay!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
gwalker
CPL
CPL

Post by gwalker »

Oddly although the holes for the bumpers were always there, the slots for the strap were no longer punched even before the b-1's came out, requiring installation of footman loops to utilize a kit. Possibly they dropped the requirment for a kit in the vehicle, but why only stop punching the slots and not the bumper holes also?
68 M-715 MVPA# 2710