passenger side spare tire

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

superbee70
PFC
PFC

passenger side spare tire

Post by superbee70 »

is it possible to mount the spare on the passenger side door? I'm not that familiar with the setup but would think the swingarm would work if mounted on other side. Is the latch different enough that it wouldn't work? Anyone have closeup pics of the setup? Love the look of the door mounted spare but seems like a pain on the drivers door.
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: passenger side spare tire

Post by ashyers »

I realize this is not that helpful, but there was a photo posted on the site years back where someone put the swing away spare on the passenger side. It may have been in the "for sale" section. Maybe someone remembers the post?
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Looking at pics of the mount including the parts manual exploded pic I don't see why you couldn't put it on the passenger side except for the gas can holder (if you have one) might interfere with it, but other than that I think it's just a matter of flipping it over and mounting it up. All I can say is give it a try and let us know what happens.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

I don't see it working on the passenger side. All the fittings would be backwards and upsidedown.
You would have to fab it all up yourself. And don't forget all the inside body bracing that is needed.
Having the tire on the door is a pain. Mine is in the bed. (M101 trailer spare mount is same as truck bed mount)
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"