Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Drive train upgrade/CUP HOLDER

Post by NAM VET »

(split the thread-Cal_Gary)

One of the things Charles Talbert's shop did for my truck was to replace three wheel cylinders, one set of shoes, and then adjust my brakes. It is an early truck, 1952, and I have learned that it stops well, but I have to wear hard sole shoes to have enough foot to really push on my brakes. It stops straight and true now. But it takes a lot of leg muscle to really stop hard. I have good NDT's on my truck, several are brand new. There are always dumb drivers out on the road, but other wise I keep a wary eye on stale green lights, and intersections.

By the way, I am very happy with my OEM gearing. A lot of moderate and sometimes long hills and grades to climb, and having taller gearing would make it just that much harder to maintain my 40 mph pace. These old motors have a lot of torque, but I still don't like to lug forth or over rev second gear. I avoid high cylinder pressures going up hills, and let my speed drop some.

What I found on my 600 or so mile trips this weekend, is that I really need a cup holder. Hard to hold a 42 oz Big Gulp between my knees while driving in busy traffic.

NV
Cal_Gary

Re: Drive train upgrade

Post by Cal_Gary »

Yep, I longed for a cup holder too. You need one of these-they show up on eBay every now and then. They're held in place with permanently attached magnets. I put mine on the floor against the center of the seat box after repainting it 24087. Reachable, plenty stable and big enough to handle the "Big Gulp" cup....
Gary
Attachments
military cup holder.jpg
military cup holder.jpg (2.75 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
06boblee
SFC
SFC

Re: Drive train upgrade

Post by 06boblee »

Cal_Gary wrote:Yep, I longed for a cup holder too. You need one of these-they show up on eBay every now and then. They're held in place with permanently attached magnets. I put mine on the floor against the center of the seat box after repainting it 24087. Reachable, plenty stable and big enough to handle the "Big Gulp" cup....
Gary
You can get these at Harbor Freight.--red.
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Drive train upgrade/CUP HOLDER

Post by jim lee »

This keeps coming up..

My 3D printed cup holder for M37 & WC Dodge trucks.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:907107 <- At that link there is a button to have it printed. If you're in the PNW, drop by and I can print you one myself.

-jim lee