Hello from Indiana

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

rcb

Hello from Indiana

Post by rcb »

Hello all. I'm new to the site. I've long loved the old Powerwagons, but as they have launched out of site on price I had wrote them off as I need something I can use. Then while helping my friend look for a new to him truck I saw a couple M37s for sale. I remember reading up on them before, but didn't think on them much as I assumed they were even more expensive than the powerwagons.

Anyhow, my intent is not only play toy but farm truck. I'm tired of newer trucks just falling to pieces. All the plastic bits and bobs are too fragile and all the electronic are prone to failure in the fields, have been stranded due to a tree limbs and brush snagging electrical looms to the fuel tank and transmission. So I've been hunting vintage iron. My intent is a woods truck that can do a bit of towing.

So I've been poking around this site for a little bit, reading and thinking. Not sure if I will absolutely get one, but it's definitely a contender. I wish these were a long box and I wouldn't want to "use" one of the rare long box models. Still the specs are right along with what I want. One I found isn't running and certainly needs some TLC, but that'd make me feel more comfortable if I mod it. But as I said, I'm still looking around too.

Thank you for running this site. It's been a great resource and I like reading all the stories. And, thanks for having me.

-RC
CSCameron
PFC
PFC

Re: Hello from Indiana

Post by CSCameron »

Welcome! Be sure to post pics of whatever you end up with. Good luck with the search.

Clark
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Welcome to the site RC, wish you the best in finding a truck that fits your needs. Keep us posted on what your finding and we will do our best to help you out.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
rcb

Post by rcb »

Thank you for the welcomes!
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Welcome to the site, let us know what you end up with, OK?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
rcb

Post by rcb »

Thanks, I will! Actually just had a friend who is looking into a wc62 or 63 for me as well. I will certainly keep in touch. It seems like the m37 and wc51 are pretty close relatives in some regards.

You know it's funny, I just never thought about military vehicles as attainable. Not sure why, I guess I just didn't look close enough. Kind of wish I had looked into this earlier.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Welcome RC! Glad to have you with us!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500