M37B3 Project

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Re: M37B3 Project

Post by Cal_Gary »

Excellent work, Joe!

And Dana, don't know how I missed your March post-so sorry! Hope all is well, with the Durango fire in your back yard-please let us know how you're doing!
Thanks,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Interesting headlight conversion. Are you going with LEDs in those buckets?
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Elwood wrote:Are you going with LEDs in those buckets?
If I can find a set that won't cost me a mortgage payment. If not then stock GI bulbs will have to do.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

k8icu wrote:
Elwood wrote:Are you going with LEDs in those buckets?
If I can find a set that won't cost me a mortgage payment. If not then stock GI bulbs will have to do.
If you can find a set of good quality that's reasonably priced, please post. I've been looking, and just can't seem to get past the price on these things.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Well we changes website hosting companies and as a result we had to reload several files, but all the pictures should be back and operational now.
DCook
CPL
CPL

Post by DCook »

Mr. Cal_Gary --- Just noticed you note to me, I'm just getting caught up following surgery that has had me doing a LazyBoy endurance test for the last couple of months. We continue to burn here and there, and have gotten quite used to the smoke. When one fire is out, 3 more pop up. we need an El NINO Winter!! I'm happy I'm not in California though!@! For more reasons than just the fire situation.
MVPA Member #23780
1942 Chev. 1 1/2 Ton Dump Truck
1951 M37 W/W, & Field Radio
1953 M43
1958 Navy CJ3B
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Just popping in to say not much work has gone on. Too busy and too cold here. Making some changes in my life and hope to get back on the truck this spring and summer. I picked up some Chevy truck frame motor mounts that I am going to put in place of the home made ones that I have in there. That should clean things up and I will feel better about the motor mounts. I'll post pics when I actually get the work done.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Just a quick note to say that I have actually gotten some work on the truck. I replaced the home brewed motor mount frames with some GM ones. I also am making a brake that will tie to two mounts together. I have some pics on my phone and will post them up soon as I have some more time and a few more things done on the truck. Just wanted to let you know that I'm actually turning a few wrenches this summer. Will post pics soon.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Nice to hear from you Joe! Glad you're getting some wrenches turning; I've been busy with household stuff so the M37 is in service picking up lumber, decking materials, that sort of thing even though I need to turn some wrenches on it as well. Just no spare time to do so right now.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Well I finally have some time on my hands due to the shelter in place order here in Ohio so I got the website updated with what I've been working on. Here is the link to the latest page.
http://www.leathernaturally.com/m37projectpagefive.htm

I just saw that I have a few spelling and grammer errors, but oh well I don't feel like messing with it to fix it. :lol:

Enjoy,
K8icu
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Well, have been tinkering with the project and found that the HMMWV alternator bracket puts the alternator into the fender...like the inner edge of the fender goes right through the middle of the alternator. So I'm engineering a new alternator bracket and also making it so that the power steering pump fits in there too. I'll post some pics soon.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I hear you Joe! I've got rear diff seals on the way-my RR is a gusher, leaking down to the ground.
Hope our Browns make some positive strides this year!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

This project is the perfect example of 3 steps forward 2 steps back. Of course I'm having to engineer everything because well there never was a M37B3 model with a 6.5l turbo diesel with a 700R4 transmission, New Process 208 transfer case, Dana 44F HD and Dana 60 rear with 4:10 gears. If I've made something once I've remade it twice till I got it to where I'm happy with it. I did get to turn wrenches on it more this summer than I have since I got it back in 2008. So that is something I guess.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Stay after it Joe-you'll get there!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Okay.... Well I finally got some time to sit down and play with photos and putting the blog/web site up dated. I took five pages and have gotten them down to two pages so far. If you want to read from the beginning back in 2008 then you need to go to http://leathernaturally.com/m37project/. But if you want to just see everything that I've worked on this summer and fall then go to http://leathernaturally.com/m37-project-page-2/. The only thing I didn't put up are the pics of the down pipe I was working on because I'm scrapping that idea and going a different direction with it. When I get that sorted out I will post up about that.