Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

Red Ball MV Meet 2015

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

Just got back from the Red Ball meet in Gilbert PA. I just love PA, especially up north by the Water Gap and in the Poconos. Weather yesterday was superb, low 80's, sunny and no humidity. Today the fog didn't lift until I was leaving, but it was nice not having the sun beating down on ya for a few hours.

Well.......I think it's official......M37 parts are getting rare as hen's teeth. There were only 2 guys with more than 2 or 3 M37 parts, and both were people who restored one years ago and needed to clean out the garage at the wife's request.......so they were selling their leftovers. Both of them told me to swing buy at the end of the day, as they weren't taking their parts back home. I guess the misses would be waiting for them in the driveway with the old frying pan in hand. I had to pass on both offers, I didn't have room in my car for the big stuff they were trying to get rid of. I did end up getting a bunch of stuff, but I really had to dig hard to find it......most of it people had mis-marked or didn't have any idea what it was.

MV parts in general seem to be getting less and less, with more uniforms, helmets, radios, and military trinkets taking their place. Not sure what's really going on, but it's not looking good. M35 and 151 parts seem to dominate what's being sold, with WWII jeeps a close second. The other M-series vehicles seem non-existent. That pretty much wraps up the MV meet season in my part of the country.......so we'll see how things go next Spring.

later,
bob

PS.......I've got no pics to post as there were only 2 M37s there and they were the same 2 I posted pics of last year. Sorry.
carolinamv
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Red Ball MV Meet 2015

Post by carolinamv »

I think more people collect m35A2 trucks and WW2 Jeeps, you cant throw a rock without hitting a Deuce that's for sale. Same with WW2 Jeeps. There is more demand for their parts because more people have them id say.
-Jay

MVPA#31295
Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado
http://www.mvcconline.org
3/3 CAV HWB
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks for all the info! I'll see what the West Coast has to offer next weekend and report back-hopefully the M37 stuff will be plentiful!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
rickv100
SGT
SGT

Post by rickv100 »

iI was at the rally, I thought it was ok. There are no more parts being surplused anymore so that impacts the availability. Also most dealers do not want to pack up and drive around parts. Easier to list on Ebay.

Someday people will be noticing a lack of NOS M35 parts.

Rick
outsider
PFC
PFC

Post by outsider »

Go to the Findlay, Oh show. Several of us vendors bring M37 parts, and I find most people aren't interested in them. So I bring a variety of different vehicle parts.

Steve
carolinamv
SSGT
SSGT

Post by carolinamv »

Steve,
Do you have a large surplus of M37 parts you sell ?
-Jay

MVPA#31295
Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado
http://www.mvcconline.org
3/3 CAV HWB
F18hornetm
SGT
SGT

Post by F18hornetm »

Seems the M37's themselves are getting harder to come by. At least in my half of the country. We looked for months before we found one that was mostly intact.