NEED a 24v timing light

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
choppa
CPL
CPL

NEED a 24v timing light

Post by choppa »

I need to go ahead and get a proper 24v timing light to get proper answers / readings and get my truck running right. I am getting no where guessing.

I dontt own a 24v timing light.. where do I find one?

who sells them?

anyone have one for sale?

thanks
milstencil
CPL
CPL

Re: NEED a 24v timing light

Post by milstencil »

Take a standard 12v light and hook to a separate battery (your wife's car battery).
This is what I do.
Rick
Resident of the Communist state of Massachusetts, home of failed
health care and failed gun control! See what the Democrats can do
when they control both houses.
http://www.militarystencils.com
m-11
SGT
SGT

Post by m-11 »

Also when you use a 12 volt light as explained, you'll need to get a standard sparkplug wire and cut the ends off, if your truck has the military sparkplugs and waterproof ignition wires installed. Be sure to strip the ends so that there is some of the wire exposed before sticking the ends in the distributor and sparkplug. This works fine for timing but that's about it. You'll need to warm your truck up before swapping out the #1 sparkplug lead with your fabricated test lead. Good luck.
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

m-11 wrote:Also when you use a 12 volt light as explained, you'll need to get a standard sparkplug wire and cut the ends off, if your truck has the military sparkplugs and waterproof ignition wires installed. Be sure to strip the ends so that there is some of the wire exposed before sticking the ends in the distributor and sparkplug. This works fine for timing but that's about it. You'll need to warm your truck up before swapping out the #1 sparkplug lead with your fabricated test lead. Good luck.
Another (albeit more expensive) option is to acquire one of the military electrical adapter test kits, which include a spark plug wire adapter for setting the timing.

http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php ... kit#p40797
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
rickv100
SGT
SGT

Post by rickv100 »

Midwest Military sells the timing light adapter. It goes between the plug and the wire with a stud to attach the timing light lead to.

Rick