M37 Passenger Back Rest

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

lten1063
PVT
PVT

M37 Passenger Back Rest

Post by lten1063 »

I was given a M35 passenger seat years ago. The canvas was toast but the springs, padding and back board is in great shape. The original M37 passenger back rest springs was crumbling as you touch it. So with no luck in finding one I modified it to fit the M37. I have to say that it fits the bill. For temporary use I covered it with vinal material until we get it recovered with canvas. How I mounted it is that I used Footman Loops from a MUTT to hook on the hooks of the cab. I saved the lower mounting brackets from the old springs and bolted them to the back board. It was a bear to get it level and pretty much centered.
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showpho ... t&cat=3843

Later Joe
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: M37 Passenger Back Rest

Post by w30bob »

Iten,

Good Job! I know the M35 and M37 seats are different sizes because I was hoping I could modify an M35 cover, as I see those for cheap all the time. But it's too short in one direction. But I never thought of just modifying the M35 seat itself. Now how ya gonna fix that Driver's seat?

thanks,
bob
lten1063
PVT
PVT

Re: M37 Passenger Back Rest

Post by lten1063 »

w30bob wrote:Iten,

Good Job! I know the M35 and M37 seats are different sizes because I was hoping I could modify an M35 cover, as I see those for cheap all the time. But it's too short in one direction. But I never thought of just modifying the M35 seat itself. Now how ya gonna fix that Driver's seat?

thanks,
bob
Bob
That's a good ? The M37 Drivers seat is about straight forward. As I can picture it inside my ole hat rack one would have to cut out the M37 drivers seat system and mount the M35 drivers seat system. Remember the M35 has more head and leg room than M37. One would have to have a complete M35 TO system to analyze it to make the modification work if even feasible.

Later Joe