Rare Pioneer Tool Trailer for Sale

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Rare Pioneer Tool Trailer for Sale

Post by DAP »

I am located 30 minutes south of Charlotte, NC south of Waxhaw, NC. I am asking $2700 on this forum and if it doesn't sell then I will bump the price up several $100 when I list it on EBay to cover all their fees. If I get a $2700 offer than everything listed below comes with it. If the sell price is lower than I will start backing out extra parts.
FYI - There were three major matching trailers for the M37 and similar trucks, M101 cargo trailer which is the most common, M116 flat bed generator trailer, and this M116 Pioneer Tool trailer which was intended as a mobile tool crib. My Pioneer Tool Trailer is a 1967 and has a current NC title. See pictures of the trailer in my album at:
http://g741.org/photogallery/main.php?g ... &g2_page=1
The trailer was sandblasted to bare steel, primed with 2 part epoxy Corlar Dupont red primer and than top coated with 2 part epoxy Dupont Imron. The underside was coated with gloss black industrial grade gloss powder coating. The leather strap hinges that allow opening of the clam shell doors were replaced with a continuous stainless steel hinge. All weather stripping was replaced with new. There are 5 key matched brass locks. A tongue jack was added along with a diamond plate step on the "A" frame hitch. It has a new custom built wire harness with the flat 4 pin trailer plug and 12V lights. One tire is brand new and the other is used (RH) with decent life left in it. The tires are 9.00 X 16 Michelin radials mounted on tubeless rims with Budd centers (Stockton Wheel custom built these for me). I have removed the parking brake system but still have it if you want it. I have the M37 disc hubs, caliper mount and spacer brackets already purchase as I had planned to convert this trailer to 2 wheel surge hitch dick brakes. To complete the installation you would simply need to go to NAPA buy the discs, caliper, and associated lines. The surge hitch assembly is available from various military surplus dealers. It is an easy conversion that I have done on my other trailers. I just have run out of time with to many other projects to do. The interior of the trailer is gutted but I still have some of pieces I removed. The RH forward shelf is still in place along with the LH front and rear center document compartments near the roof. When I was going to build this into a mobile tool trailer I had mounted a 7.5 KW continuous generator in the back and it tracked very true and straight. The generator is not included in this sale and has been removed. I believe this trailer could be towed to it's destination if desired. The markings are in vinyl so they can be removed if desire to change the unit mark to something else. This trailer is a peach of a unit and I hate to let it go but it is time to thin the herd. It would be a great mobile tool trailer, camper, hearst, cooker, etc. Let your imagination go wild!
All in Air Force blue and black trim
1962 M37B1
rectangular window hardtop, converted to Hercules 4 cyl diesel-intercooled & turbo charged, 12V, disc brakes
1962 M116A1 Generator trailer
1962 M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer
1964 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Rare Pioneer Tool Trailer for Sale

Post by DAP »

Bump to the top. Getting ready to put on eBay.
All in Air Force blue and black trim
1962 M37B1
rectangular window hardtop, converted to Hercules 4 cyl diesel-intercooled & turbo charged, 12V, disc brakes
1962 M116A1 Generator trailer
1962 M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer
1964 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer