Auxiliary OD

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Hemiman
PVT
PVT

Auxiliary OD

Post by Hemiman »

Has anyone explored using an Aux OD on the NP-200 (RWD only)? Something like the Warn/Saturn on a T-18, or a Borg Warner R10 on a T-18/20?
19E/K
63B
93B
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Auxiliary OD

Post by RMS »

I wanted to put the dana 20-21 behind the np but with the unit being almost a foot long the rear drive shaft would be too steep
.............................. use it ...............
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

I've got that in the works, but on the other side of the Tcase.

I'm mating a Doug Nash aux. overdrive to the rear of my Ford Np435. The DNE2 (Doug Nash Enterprises) is the precursor to the gear vendors unit available today. Mine will marry up to the NP435 and has a 31 spline female output with a 6 bolt flange. I plan to swap a 31 spline input into a GM NP205 with the 6 bolt round pattern and marry the whole works up. This setup will allow me to not only split every gear, but use the splitter in 4wd if the need occurs. The DNE2 is driven at either 1:1 or 0.75:1 overdrive... Should be perfect behind the big block... :mrgreen:
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

Master Yota wrote:I've got that in the works, but on the other side of the Tcase.

I'm mating a Doug Nash aux. overdrive to the rear of my Ford Np435. The DNE2 (Doug Nash Enterprises) is the precursor to the gear vendors unit available today. Mine will marry up to the NP435 and has a 31 spline female output with a 6 bolt flange. I plan to swap a 31 spline input into a GM NP205 with the 6 bolt round pattern and marry the whole works up. This setup will allow me to not only split every gear, but use the splitter in 4wd if the need occurs. The DNE2 is driven at either 1:1 or 0.75:1 overdrive... Should be perfect behind the big block... :mrgreen:
that will be a sweet set up. envious!
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

RMS wrote:I wanted to put the dana 20-21 behind the np but with the unit being almost a foot long the rear drive shaft would be too steep
I wouldn't worry about the rear shaft being too steep, I've got a dana 20 behind my 435 with a 10" spud and then divorced np205 behind that. It fits... I just rolled the rear pinion up with some shims and used a 1350 cv joint on the rear shaft. No issues so far.

Would I like a longer driveshaft? Yes.
Is it absolutely neccessary? no...
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152