Touch a Truck

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

Touch a Truck

Post by wvcharlie »

Saturday I participated again in a local event called Touch a Truck. This event, which raises funds for cancer research,was a great activity for kids young and old. For a five dollar entry fee, kids get to climb around on every kind of truck imaginable. I brought my M37 and M725. Many parents told me that my display was their kids favorite. Just another way to recruit future military vehicle collectors and educate people about the history of these vehicles.Image ImageImageImage
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
combat32
PVT
PVT

Re: Touch a Truck

Post by combat32 »

Nice truck, I do a few events like yours here local to me too, always lots of fun. How do the superlugs ride on your truck? Gettin ready to put a set on mine.
TOM
j mccormick
CPL
CPL

Post by j mccormick »

Great to see someone let the kids experience a truck instead of just looking at it. Those trucks are built to take it and the kids love it.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

What a kind gesture Charlie~just awesome!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

Post by wvcharlie »

Tom,
Thanks all. The Super Lugs provide good traction and I liked their looks. They do tend to make the truck wander a bit on uneven pavement because of the square shoulders following pavement patching (bump steer). But that is probably true with most aggressive tread tires. I ran NDT's before, but those are absolutely dangerous on just a little bit of snow or ice. So I got these as my winter tires.
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Charlie,

Great post! What a great way to get youngsters interested in MVs. You've probably burned a lasting memory into more than a few of their brains. Your M looks great too!!!

regards,
bob
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

great idea looks like fun too.