Canvas Top

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rusty1340
PFC
PFC

Canvas Top

Post by Rusty1340 »

My Cab has 9 Hooks that holds the top down around the bottom and I want to order a new top. When ordering do I need to specify the number of hooks or do they all have the same number ? Also who has the best fitting top out there? I would like to hear the pros and cons, they all look to be in the same price range.
MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Re: Canvas Top

Post by ZGjethro »

My Beachwood Canvas tops fit pretty well. I have a vinyl economy/work top with no rear zip out, only a window, and it is a perfect fit all the way around. It came with the correct number of holes for my hooks. The other is a Bikini top, but it doesn't need to tie to the hooks. The bikini, also a Beachwood product and vinyl, fits a little sloppier around the front corners and hangs down over the door tops a little. If I put the snaps on to match the full top, I might have to trim a little of the sides, or send it to Beachwood for hemming
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

My Beachwood Canvas "canvas" top fit perfectly-you secure the bottom rope of the top (which passes through a number of eyelets) around your hooks, regardless of the number of hooks-no need to specify, then secure the rope ends around the corner hooks.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

My current cab top is made by J.J. Johnson, the company that originally made the cab & bed covers for the military back when these trucks were in use by the armed services.

Mine came from Midwest Military. They fit just like all the cab covers fit when I was in the military (the M-37 was still being used when I was in the Army back in the '60's).

I get some amusement out of the fact that the company who originally made these covers is still making them 60+ years later.

Mine fits fine, no leaks, is nice and tight and the front corners still occasionally roll back a little (you just pull them back down). Just like back in the day.

I should probably get a Beachwood or WeBee Webbing top someday.....

52 M-42
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

Post by 8543bob »

GOOD MORNING, I had my top made by WEE BEE WEBBNG. The top is made from a Sunbrella fabric. Looks like a fabric canvas but is water tight. I like the look of a canvas rather than plastic top. Mine is a tan Sunbrella, two years now in the north east, no problems,
BOB
Rusty1340
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty1340 »

Thanks. I think I'll go with Beachwood they done a good
Job with my MB.
MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member