carb issues

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jacksauto
PVT
PVT

carb issues

Post by jacksauto »

wondering wether to rebuild my carb or replace it.it starts fine but takes a while to warm up,and at idle will die once or twice and stumbles when gas pedal is depressed like its starving for fuel ,but after about 5 minutes .it is more responsive at the pedal wondering if that is normal for the M's or is it time to replace or rebuild ,can I get a rebuild kit from NAPA .thanks jack
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

Re: carb issues

Post by 8543bob »

GOOD MORNING, We get used to fuel injected engines, where the computer does all the work. The old school manual choke, as on the M's require some time to warm up before the stumbling and dying goes away. Your situation, to me. sounds like a normal condition. My M acts the same.
BOB
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

The Choke and Hand Throttle are great for helping you to warm up your truck at a consistent RPM. My truck has just over a thousand miles on a complete restoration and it needs to be warmed up before it runs smoothly.

These are old trucks, and like any old man need a bit of time to get moving...... :D

52 M-42
jacksauto
PVT
PVT

Post by jacksauto »

I'm getting there myself,I just got it running recently and have driven it around a bit runs fine so maybe I will just get used to the old girls quirks!!!thanks for the info from u guys.jack