Two styles of cab rope hooks

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

mix4coal
PVT
PVT

Two styles of cab rope hooks

Post by mix4coal »

I was missing 2 hooks for my canvas top. The hooks that were missing are the outer ones by the doors. The three across the back were still there.
I bought 2 used hooks and they are different than the three that were across the back of the cab, Are they supposed to be different? The 2 on the right are the ones that I just picked up and will be used by the doors. Can you guys look at yours and let me know if yours are different too?

m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: Two styles of cab rope hooks

Post by m-37Bruce »

All of mine are the same, I think, I'll check for sure tomorrow morning?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Black Ops
PFC
PFC

Post by Black Ops »

My truck has nine hooks for the cab and they are all the same size, the two you have look like the hooks for the cargo beds on 2.5 ton and similar trucks.
1952 m37
1956 R2 Crash Truck
1953 m101
1958 xm389
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Yes mine are all the same. The skinnier of the styles
Gerry

53 M37
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Post by hbb »

It appears they can be matched up by simply heating and closing the gap at the bottom of the loop. The rest looks to be the same angles.

hb
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!
majorhitt
SGT
SGT

Post by majorhitt »

I have nine on my cab all are the same. Is it that the two with the bigger opening are not factory but bent that way by someone?
Joe
CPL
CPL

Post by Joe »

There are not only two different types of hooks used on the M37 cabs. There are also different numbers (quantity) used on different cabs. I've seen cabs with both seven and nine hooks and IIRC I've seen one that 8 hooks. Also saw a very different type hook on the tailgate of one M37. I later found that it was the same as that used on the WW II CCKW.
majorhitt
SGT
SGT

Post by majorhitt »

The rope hooks on the tailgate match the rope hooks on the rest of the cargo body. The cab has the style shown in the beginning of this thread. My M37 soft top has the nine hooks, my M37CDN with a hard top has bolts in place where the hooks would have been. Now I haven't counted them, but they must have been planned for and when the hard top installed, either removed or the bolts were all ready installed.