Wiring discrepancy in TM9-8030 page 258

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

mix4coal
PVT
PVT

Wiring discrepancy in TM9-8030 page 258

Post by mix4coal »

Ok so today to aid in reassembly we are labeling wires on the passenger side inner fender so we can pull the harness for repair. We are disconnecting the harness that goes thru the firewall/ front lights and connects to the rear harness. We are disconnecting and labeling one wire at a time. Some of the metal wire tags are missing. So far at least one side of the douglas connectors has the numbered wire tag so we can label the other side by looking at the wire diagram. Our discrepancy came when we got to a connection marked 22A
The metal tag marked 22A is on the side going to the rear harness,the other side is not marked and goes to the firewall harness. In the TM wire diagram there is no 22A. In the manual there is a circuit marked 22 coming from the light switch marked "service stop lamp" this would be the firewall harness side. it runs to the douglas connector that leads to the rear harness marked 22b. Is it safe for me to assume that the 22b in the manual is my 22a and the side that is missing the tag on mine is 20 in the manual? My truck is a 1953 and the manual says May of 55.
If anyone has some insight on this please let me know. Thanks.

Rob
achiem37
PFC
PFC

Re: Wiring discrepancy in TM9-8030 page 258

Post by achiem37 »

I checked my Canadian Army M37 repair manual and found the wire 22A. It comes from the light switch as marked "22 service stop lamp". Then it connects to the rear chassis harness and becomes wire 22A only for the cargo and command truck versions. The same wire on the ambulance becomes 22B likes yours is. Is your manual wiring diagram for the cargo truck or the ambulance version?. The 22A joins the left hand stop light and connects to a double coonector. This other wire is lables 22B on the drawing. 22B wire then goes to B terminal of the trailer connector. I guess because the truck version has a trailer connector the wire from the light switch is 22A and the wire from the LH stop light to the trailer connector is then 22B. Seeing the ambulance version has no trailer connector the wire just becomes 22B. Maybe this was the logic when they wired the trucks????. Hope this helps,.... I can scan the pages and email them to you if you want. Terry
mix4coal
PVT
PVT

Post by mix4coal »

Hi Terry. This is like the Abbott and Costellos classic "Who's on First"
PM sent.
achiem37
PFC
PFC

Post by achiem37 »

The wiring diagrams for the cargo/command truck and the ambulance have been sent to you. You'll see the 22A and B wires on the different diagrams. Hope this helps you out. Terry
mix4coal
PVT
PVT

Post by mix4coal »

Thanks Terry. Ill print them out and check em out.