Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

M37's at Red Ball

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

Here's a few pics of the 2 M37's I saw at Red Ball. There was a third one there on Friday, a USMC truck, but somehow I managed to not get a pic of it. The third pic isn't an M37 (obviously)...but I thought you might get a kick out of it. If I missed any others that's my bad. I don't know who owned these trucks, but it was good to see them there.

Red Ball was great. It was my first time and about what I expected in relation to Sussex and Aberdeen. I got there early Friday morning and had my Ford Escape filled with M37 parts by noon. The rest of the day I just dug thru boxes for little stuff and chatted with folks. Unlike Aberdeen, I actually left with some money in my pocket, which is never a good thing.....and of course that night I kept thinking of the things I should have bought but didn't. So.....I went back today (Saturday) and found a few vendors with M37 parts that weren't there the day before, which took care of that having money left in my pocket thing. The weather held, the temps were perfect, and it sure looked like everyone was having a good time. My biggest dumb-ass mistake.....not buying the M37 tailgate that a guy wanted $40 bucks for. I didn't think it would fit in my car, so I went to measure and ponder.....and it was sold by the time I got back. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

It was great talking to folks, especially those on this forum. I learned a lot (as usual). Ed....thanks again for all the info and letting me chew your ear off. I've got Jim Thorpe marked on my calendar. Let's just hope the weather is good that weekend. I bought a big box of M37 take-off hardware (nuts/bolts/brackets/etc from a guy who was parting out an M....and he told me the best way to clean and de-rust them was with Muriatic acid. Said it doesn't hurt the metal and removes the rust. Sounds cheaper than Evapo-Rust......so I'll try that tomorrow. It's those little time and money savings tips that I really love learning about. So check out the pics.

Enjoy!

bob

WarrenD
SSGT
SSGT

Re: M37's at Red Ball

Post by WarrenD »

It was an OK show as far as Gilbert goes, I think the weather threat keep alot of the vehicles away on Saturday. I was told there were more vendors this year, but it seemed like they were either spread out more or smaller or both. Guess I wasn't in a buying mood......