Who are the Democratic gun-grabbers in the US Senate? Let's

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Who are the Democratic gun-grabbers in the US Senate? Let's

Post by Tim Powell »

Who are the Democratic gun-grabbers in the US Senate? Let's find out! | RedState

http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2012/0 ... -find-out/
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
1968 M101A1 Cargo Trailer
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
MC-A1 Air Compressor Unit
Military Tank APU

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing."
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Who are the Democratic gun-grabbers in the US Senate? Le

Post by Elwood »

Why limit the list to just Democrats?

The attribution of this quote is debatable, but the sentiment is accurate:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Politicians of every ideological persuasion (except individual liberty) are known to be gun-grabbers, for the simple reason that an armed population potentially threatens their power and control.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Elwood I'm afraid you are oh-so correct.

God bless you,
Will

Pro-God, Pro-Guns, Pro-Life & Anti-Obama

I'll keep my FREEDOM, my GUNS, my MONEY, my RELIGION and you can keep the "CHANGE". - Hank Williams Jr.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Tim Powell »

"Why limit the list to just Democrats?"
My question as well ,but that's how I received it!!

I'll keep my FREEDOM, my GUNS, my MONEY, my RELIGION and you can keep the "CHANGE". - Hank Williams Jr. (I love it)
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU

SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

HMMMMM... AS FAR AS I RECALL, ARNOLD SWHARGENEGER WAS A REPUBLICAN CA. GOVERNOR, YET, CA. HAS AMONG THE STRINGEST GUN CONTROL LEGISLATIONS. WE GREEKS INVENTED DEMOCRACY A COUPLE MILENIAS AGO, BUT THE AFTERMATH REMAINS. ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS BACKROUND, AIMS FOR OFFICE NOT TO SERVE PEOPLE, RATHER TO REIGN OVER THEM. AND OFCOURSE OPPOSING VOICES ARE PREFFERED TO BE SILENCED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. DO NOT TAKE YOUR GUN RIGHTS FOR GIVEN, OR GUARANTEED BY ANY POLITICIAN. JUST MY TWO CENTS. :)
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
snowdad
SGT
SGT

Post by snowdad »

Good solid advice from Greece.
Yes there have been anti-gun Republicans. Lincoln Chaffee from Rhode Island, Rudy Guiliani from New York, and Mitt Romney from Massachussetts just to name a few.
With the leftists taking over control of the Democratic party, they are now pushing a plank of gun control as part of their party's foundation. This has been going on since the late 70's/early 80's.
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

Post by anthony manzella »

Praise The Lord & Pass The Ammo !
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
Tanner
SGT
SGT

Post by Tanner »

... I'm entirely happy that we don't live in a democracy.

'Tanner'
Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Tim Powell »

Well, I still have my guns. (for now) But I just lost another freedom. My company just issued a letter and I knew it was coming. No more cell phones in the rig. Even with my "hands-free" device I can no longer make or receive a call when under power. In simple words to talk to my Wife when I'm on the road for a week at a time I must be parked, motor shut off. The company says they have the right to request my itemized phone records whenever they like. It's their truck and I work for them. And on we go!
Trucker-Tim
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU

SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

Tanner wrote:... I'm entirely happy that we don't live in a democracy.

'Tanner'
UNFORTUNATELY, DEMOCRACY (PEOPLE'S RULE) AS INTRODUCED BY THE ANCIENT ATHENIANS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT LEGISLATORS AND POLITICIANS CLAIM TO BE DEMOCRACY TODAY...
JUST A FEW HIGHLIGHTS BETWEEN THEN AND NOW, AND THE DIFFERANCES ARE BLINDING. IF SOMEONE WAS APPOINTED AND VOTED FOR OFFICE IN ANCIENT ATHENS, HE HAD TO BE ATHINIAN BY BIRTH, BELIEVE IN THE OLYMPIAN GODS, AND HAVING BEEN BROUGHT UP BY THE ATHENIAN WAY OF SCHOOLING. ONCE ELECTED, HIS ENTIRE PROPERTY WAS BEING RECORDED BY THE STATE DOWN TO HIS VERY SANDALS. IF THIS POLITICIAN HARMED ATHENS FINANCIALY WITHIN HIS TERM, THE DAMAGE WOULD BE COMPENSATED THROUGH HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING HIS VERY SANDALS. IF THE DAMAGE DONE WAS MORE THAN HIS PROPERTY, HE WOULD ADDITIONALY WORK FOR FREE UNTIL FULL COMPENSATION WAS ACHIEVED. IF THIS PERSON HAD HARMED ATHENS IN A MORAL WAY. THEN HIS DECAPITATION WAS TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE END OF THE DAY. (SEE ANY SIMILARITIES SO FAR? I DON'T) THE PEOPLE VOTING WHERE THE ONES WHOSE DIRECT INTEREST WERE AT STAKE. SAY THERE WAS TO BE A WAR WITH ANOTHER CITY STATE. THE PROS AND CONS OF THE WAR, POTENTIAL VICTORY OR DEFFEAT AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES WOULD BE PRESENTED BY THE DEMAGOGUES, AND THEN ONLY THOSE WITHIN THE "DRAFTING AGE" WOULD VOTE YES OR NO TO THIS CAMPAIGN. TO THE BEST INTEREST OF ATHENS.(STILL I SEE NO CURRENT DEMOCRACY AROUND THE WORLD PRFORM THIS) FINALLY, THE WORSE NIGHTMERE OF THE ATHENIAN CITIZEN WAS TO BE DEPRIVED OF HIS DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS. IN OTHER WORDS, IF ONE PERSON WAS NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY IN THE WAY HE SPOKE ABOUT ATHENS OR UPHOLD ATHENS' BEST INTERESTS, THEN HE WOULD INSTANTLY LOOSE HIS (CITIZEN)"DEMOT" RIGHTS OF VOTING FOR LIFE, AND HE WOULD BECOME AN (INDIVIDUAL)"IDIOT" (YES, THAT IS WHERE THAT WORD COMES FROM). FINALLY, ALL ATHENIANS, AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE GREEK CITY STATES {THOUGH NON DEMOCRATIC BACK THEN) ALLOWED, OR EVEN ENFORCED WEAPONS POSSESION BY THEIR CITIZENS. ON THIS MATTER, THE LATEST DEMOCRATIC REFERANCE I HAD READ OF WAS WHEN ANDREW FLETCHER HAD SAID DURING THE MAKING OF THE U.S CONSTITUTION "POSSESION OF ARMS DESCRIMINATES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FREE MAN AND A SLAVE". SINCE THEN, PERSONALLY, I HEAR "DEMOCRACY" AROUND THE WORLD TOO OFTEN, BUT I FAIL TO SEE IT. ESPECIALLY HERE IN GREECE, IN ITS HOMELAND... :?
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.