Need U Joint

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
1951D47U

Need U Joint

Post by 1951D47U »

I have a 51 M37 that needs the portion of the U Joint that bolts to the rear end.
All the rest of the drive shaft seems servicable but that last piece was broke when I got the beast. Or does anyone know what to order as a replacement part? If none in captivity does anyone have a complete rear driveshaft?
I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska so there is probably going to be some shipping. Bought this on a sale in 2006 and am just getting around to getting it running. So far must say it runs quite well but as I am driving it as a front wheel drive M37 haven't ventured far from home. It was a former Forest Service vehicle and served a small town fire department, also. They must of had some regular maintenance because it hasn't taken much to get her going. I would post a picture but haven't figured out how to do that yet. :)
Why? Why not?
TDF

Post by TDF »

Here's a pic of it for you. If I had a pic of the broken driveshaft piece, I'd put that up as well. This is the day it was bought, back in August of 06.

TDF (1951D47U's much more computer literate, and fellow M37 owning son)

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I believe you're talking about the yoke that goes on the end of the pinion gear shaft. If so, NAPA or some other reputable parts store might be able to help you. If not, Vintage Power Wagons (VPW) or Midwest Military will have one. Wherever you get it, make sure you get the cup retainers and bolts that go with it.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
TDF

Post by TDF »

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I ran outside and snapped a pic of the driveshaft piece Dad needs off the other M37 he owns. Which is convienently parked in my driveway. Here's the Yoke he's after. The piece in the red circle that's bolted to the end of the pinion on the rearend.

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Yep! That's what I thought you were after, all right. Your local NAPA or whoever should be able to tighten you right up.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

www.boyceequipment.com has them as well. From time to time they even have the uber rare flange that fits over the pinion splines (the part that your broken part is supposed to be bolted to.)

oh, one more thing, like Lifer said, get the bolts, and put a dab of loctite on them, they like to loosen up, and thats just no good on a driveshaft!