Charles D Briggs Jr. aka Lifer

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Charles D Briggs Jr. aka Lifer

Post by Lifer »

I am sad to announce that my father Charles D Briggs Jr. (aka Lifer) passed away today July 13, 2011 at 4:20 am Eastern Time. I know that he enjoyed "speaking" to all of you about his life, interests and hobbies. Please remember him and us in your prayers. He has gone on to a better place and is no longer suffering or in pain. If you wish to contact my mother you can post on here or send an e-mail to is account as we will still be checking it for some time.
Thank you and blessings to you all,
Penny Jordan
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Re: Charles D Briggs Jr. aka Lifer

Post by powerwagontim »

Penny,
Thank you so much for letting us know. While I never met your Dad, I always enjoyed conversing with him on this forum, and reading his posts to others. He was obviously a very special man and will be missed by us all.
My condolences to you and your Family, try to remember the good times, and he will always be with you.
Tim
Happiness is enjoying what you already have!
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

Our family's condolences to yours as well. Another Old Soldier has moved on. He will be missed.
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

You and your family are in our prayers. Lifer was a gentleman and I always enjoyed his posts.

We are diminished by his passing.
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Kurt Hirte
PFC
PFC

Post by Kurt Hirte »

He will be missed by me as well. Kurt Hirte
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Thank you for letting us know. A sad day for sure, we will miss his knowledge and comments.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Our condolences, and prayers with you and the family! God bless.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Glenn
CPL
CPL

Post by Glenn »

I am very sorry to hear this news, he will definitely be missed. And yes thank you for letting us know.
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Chuck will be Greatly missed Penny and as you have said He has now joined many more old military truck lovers in the sky.
Penny also said you can send an e-mail to her mom at mama_dynamite@yahoo.com if you have any condolences, questions or requests from her.

Best Regards - A very Sad MM :cry:
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

That is very sad news for sure. We were honored to that he shared his his bad news with us. As you know he had a great sense of humor which he shared we us all the time. My condolences to you and your family.
Thank you for letting us share him with you although I doubt you would of been able to stop him. He really had a passion for this hobby.
Sincerely,
Gerry

53 M37
themoose74
PVT
PVT

Post by themoose74 »

Although I haven't been around this forum anywhere near the length of time as most users here, I have, however, read A LOT of posts by "Lifer" and can definitely say that through his posts, he has taught me a lot about this hobby, and my M37. For that, I am truly grateful for the time and effort he spent giving back to us all those experiences and knowledge that he had. It was always a given that he would be here sooner, rather than later, and knew not a stranger. These pages and this world won't be the same without him. Thank you, Lifer.

To the Briggs' family, I know there is nothing I can do or say to lessen the pain, but rest assured, you all and Mr. Briggs, Jr. will be in my prayers.

This hobby is a small community, but Lifer was, and will be, a bonding thread for us all.

Sincerely,
Bo
Bo
_________
1945 GPW
1953 M37
Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Murf »

Your family will be in our prayers. His knowledge here was, and will continue to be (through "searching"), a valuable asset to our hobby.
Murf
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

My Deepest Condolences are yours Penny.
I know I speak for everyone here, your father was a very nice, informed, intelligent, smart mechanical person. His advice and opinions whether solicited or sought out were on the money and usually correct! His command of the English language was impressive as well.
Charles give us all a glimpse into our mortality, as his illness progressed, I'm sure we all thought about what lies beyond the blue horizon!
From Another Zoomie, God Speed Lifer!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Penny,
Words cannot express the sorrow we feel for you and your family. Lifer was one of our Forum elders-always with a funny anecdote, war story, or just plain silliness that we all got a lot of laughs from. He was also a most-knowledgable subject matter expert when it came to these military vehicles and we drew on his expertise on a number of occasions.

He will be terribly missed-please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can do for you.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

Dear Penny

Thank you for letting us know this incredibly sad news. I have only known Lifer for a few short years but he always treated me like a life long friend.
His wit, knowledge and camaradarie will be sorely missed on this forum.
Please accept my sincere condolences at this time.
My thoughts go out to you and the family.

Kind Regards
Stuart
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland