dodge m37 u-joints

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

dodge m37 u-joints

Post by nutsfor59 »

hi,does anyone have part numbers for the ujoints in all the driveshafts ??? i gave the guy at the store the napa number and he was totally lost !!!! please help asap !!
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: dodge m37 u-joints

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

The front and rear shaft joints are Precision #305; the intermediate shaft joints are Precision #304.

Watch that NAPA crap line, they offer a China joint now days.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

Post by nutsfor59 »

hi,thanks charles for the heads up about the napa crap and saving me alot of grief more than likely !!!,i'm going to assume most of the napa stuff in poor quality ???,thanks again !!
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

nutsfor59 wrote:hi,thanks charles for the heads up about the napa crap and saving me alot of grief more than likely !!!,i'm going to assume most of the napa stuff in poor quality ???,thanks again !!
I'm not saying all NAPA stuff is poor quality, but they do have a cheap line that is from China. Ask for Precision brand u-joints at NAPA, you will be fine. Neapco is also a good line, CarQuest carries that line, they will be able to cross the Precision # over to the Neapco #. Any heavy truck parts outlet will likely have the Spicer line of joints which are top quality.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

Before anyone presumes that China only makes crap just remember where Apple, Dell and most of the other electronic items you use and clothing you wear on an everyday basis are made.

They have some modern factories that make the West look like the middle ages.
I say this because our company imports many lines of outdoor clothing and the UK cant get close to the quality and price.

My 2 pennies worth !
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

M37UK wrote:Before anyone presumes that China only makes crap just remember where Apple, Dell and most of the other electronic items you use and clothing you wear on an everyday basis are made.

I say this because our company imports many lines of outdoor clothing and the UK cant get close to the quality and price.

My 2 pennies worth !
Neither was my intent to say that a product is bad simply because it has made in China on it. I'm speaking in specifics as to a particular product line. I know a guy that works for Cat and lived in China several years overseeing some manufacturing ventures. His take, they can make a decent product; but if you tell them that price is the main driver of sales, they will show you just how cheap and sorry they can make it. The Chinese NAPA u-joints tilt in that direction.

I'll be honest in the way I see Chinese goods in the big picture also; I understand it's the world we live in BUT; we as Americans are dealing huge sums of $$$ each year to help the economy thrive in a country who really does not like the US at all. From that view point, I think you know my opinion of it.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:
M37UK wrote:Before anyone presumes that China only makes crap just remember where Apple, Dell and most of the other electronic items you use and clothing you wear on an everyday basis are made.

My 2 pennies worth !
Neither was my intent to say that a product is bad simply because it has made in China on it. I'm speaking in specifics as to a particular product line. I know a guy that works for Cat and lived in China several years overseeing some manufacturing ventures. His take, they can make a decent product; but if you tell them that price is the main driver of sales, they will show you just how cheap and sorry they can make it. The Chinese NAPA u-joints tilt in that direction.

I'll be honest in the way I see Chinese goods in the big picture also; I understand it's the world we live in BUT; we as Americans are dealing huge sums of $$$ each year to help the economy thrive in a country who really does not like the US at all. From that view point, I think you know my opinion of it.
I know what you mean about manufacturing to a price, its a shame that some products go down that road but the problem is that a lot of consumers buy on price, not quality.
I'm sure China loves the US really, think of how much stuff they export to you guys. Thats probably why they hold 8% of your 14 trillion deficit.
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

If I were them, I wouldn't like it at all. They are holding it now in hopes of a pay off; I have news though, if the powers that be in Washington, DC don't get a reasonable handle on the crazed spending and other wild ideas of Obummer and crew; they'll still be holding it, with no hope of payday ever coming. Not a nice photo to look at.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

Post by nutsfor59 »

hi,kinda surprised by the opinions on this but for foreign gov's to on par is a joke it is the UNITED STATES that baled their asses out in 2 world wars etc,and propped up their economies !!! how soon europe and the far east forget !!!,and that is MY opinion.