Sid Beck

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

gwalker
CPL
CPL

Sid Beck

Post by gwalker »

For those of you who knew or dealt w/ him, If you hadnt heard Sid died last weekend after a long fight w cancer. I first met him when i joined the MVCC(MVPA) back in 1980 in D.C. I last saw him at the MVPA national in Portland Ore. a couple yrs ago. He was a very early member of the MVCC(MVPA) when it had just formed(1976). He was in the wash d.c. area chapter and formed Ace Surplus Sales w/ 2 others members there, one of which died many yrs ago and he bought out the other when he moved from D.C. to Texas when he lived till his death.
68 M-715 MVPA# 2710
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Re: Sid Beck

Post by powerwagontim »

Thanks for the news. Thats too bad, Sid was a straight shooter.
Tim
Happiness is enjoying what you already have!
Glenn
CPL
CPL

Post by Glenn »

After an email from his wife and a note from him regarding going out of business I had a feeling he wouldn't be around much longer. I talked to him on the phone on several occasions and felt like I knew him forever. Really helpful, a truly great guy who will be missed. :cry:
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Funny thing, I was thinking about Sid last week end.........your right Tim, he was a "Straight Shooter"!
I saw his pic in the last Supply Line or Army Motors, can't remember which it was? I met him a few times as well, wish I knew him when!
Thanks 4 The Heads Up,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Sid was a great guy to deal with. I also saw him in the current Supply Line and finally put a face to the name. He will be missed. :(
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

I agree David.
Sid was a great guy.
I bought parts from him,his color coded wire harness was the base for my complete rewire.
He will be missed.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
timntrucks
PVT
PVT

Post by timntrucks »

i have know him many years. meet up with him one time getting some combat rims for my m37.. a super nice guy.. he will be missed by everyone that know him. if anyone has his wifes phone number can you please send it to me in a message.. i would like to give her a call in the near future once this settles down.. seamed liked i have know him for 20 years or more. but time does fly by and no one can stay one forever. my prayers go out to his wife and family
love all my wheels pulling. everything i own is 4x4 or better Tim
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Still moving but I had to respond on this one. Veronica and I met Sid Beck in Portland in 2008-as fine a gentleman as our hobby has ever known. The world is a lesser place without him-he will be terribly missed :cry:
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

In deed Sid was a good man. He and I had many telephone conversations, especially concerning our various truck upgrades; Sid was always curious about how we did this and that and how it worked out. A pleasure knowing him although we never met face to face.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

I only had the chance to to deal with Sid a couple of times but it was always great......he was a wealth of information that always had time to chat. He will be missed.
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
churtle
PFC
PFC

Post by churtle »

Sid always had what I needed, he would go out of the way too help, he is the man. He is the one and only true collector and expert on M37..He is missed already. Chris
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Rest in Peace Sid.....
The world has lost a kind and genuine man, our best wishes to go to Sid's Family and Friends from MM and Family.

Best Regards - MM :(
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Post by N1VSM »

Thoughts & prayers to Sid's family. True, the M community will not be the same without him, but I know that he has inspired many of us to keep the faith that there are still honest people in this world and this hobby. Let those of us who saw admirable qualities in him carry on his legacy - a fitting tribute.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: In Memory of Sid Beck

Post by m-37Bruce »

N1VSM wrote:Thoughts & prayers to Sid's family. True, the M community will not be the same without him, but I know that he has inspired many of us to keep the faith that there are still honest people in this world and this hobby. Let those of us who saw admirable qualities in him carry on his legacy - a fitting tribute.
Very well put, definitely a Role-Model, quite a big pair of boots to fill. I hope my peers say the same of me when my time comes. :oops:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Glenn
CPL
CPL

Post by Glenn »

Sid loved the hobby and those of us in it. I definitely miss him.