Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Nickathome
1SG
1SG

1962 M37 for sale South East Pa.

Post by Nickathome »

Hello, its been a while;

I've decided to place my 1962 M37 b1 up for sale. Moving on to another venture and need the space in my garage. I figured I would post it here first as I have made many friends from this site and feel it an honor to do so.

A little info on the truck;

The truck is a 1962 M37B1, runs and drives well. Engine and drivetrain have not been overhauled. Engine is not original but is a military Dodge industrial 230 flat head. Only minor differences from T-245 motor.

Cosmetic restoration done to outer body with the few small cancer spots it had cut out and welded up. Body in motorpool shape. Front fenders have never held any rot under headlights as far as I can tell. Other than paint I have not done a thing to them.

Inside of cab is still in need of paint.

Truck has all new glass and frames in front windshield. Side windows original but not cracked or fogged.

Repro tailgate installed as truck did not have a tailgate when I purchased it.

All canvas replaced. (Top and seat covers purchased from Wee Bee Webbing )

Truck has 4 new tires ( installed only a couple years ago, Denman brand) And comes with one spare (older tire but serviceable and has new flap and tube)

All wheel bearings were replaced within last two years, as were all brake cylinders.

Distributor rebuilt,

New starter switch installed.

truck has two newer batteries( approx 2 years old, truck is still 24 volt)

Steering column NOS installed at beginning of resto (original was ruined and was lying in bed of truck when purchased, will include for whatever parts can be gained from it, which ain't much)

Wipers Replaced and went with electric due to engine not having vacuum return for original wipers.

Installed M151 heater and homemade defrost ducting. Works great, but purist may want to replace.

Will need;

Will probably probably steering knuckles rebuilt. Left front does have some play in it. Both knuckles leak some(what M37 doesn't?) . Never had time to replace.

Backlash in steering needs adjustment. Minor, again no time to play with it.

Tranny has a little slop in it, but still shifts well.

Wiring is original and should be replaced but it is serviceable and has not given any trouble.

There are probably a hundred other little things I've replaced or fixed but don't have the space to add.

I have a small amount of spare parts that will be included in the sale, namely a spare tranny that was bought in the event parts ever get hard to come by. Never used on this truck but was told it works well.

I'm Asking $7200.00 for this truck and whatever spares I have at this time. Would like to part with all at once. Do not have time to sell spares piecemeal. I will not pass up an offer that doesn't include the parts but would prefer they all go at once. I don't have any current pictures but can take some and will email upon request for series inquiries. Buyer will have to pick up from premises as I'm not entertaining any "meet me halfway" deals. Long distance buyer will have to arrange any and all shipment.

Please contact me at the below number or via email;

Nick Proietto - 610-453-9572
NickandJodi@comcast.net
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: 1962 M37 for sale South East Pa.

Post by m-37Bruce »

Are you getting a pair of wings Nick?
Don't be a stranger.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

What Bruce ask, wings in your future?

If anyone wants to see pix of Nicks truck I have an album of shots taken the day I visited him and he was kind enough to take my for a ride. Good running M37 and Nick has been honest in the trucks description. If anyone wants a good solid M37 driver, think about this one, you can't go wrong.

Click Pic Please:

Album: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569507705HNcLlv
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

Guys;

Hey, sorry I haven't been around. Been very busy with the family recently. Just got back from a nice vacation in Fla, etc.

As to the wings, the answer at the moment is a definite maybe. I had a long talk with the wife about it and I mentioned there is a workshop which is next being held on October 1st and 2nd of this year in Oshkosh Wisconsin, by the company who makes the kit I am interested in. I'm heading out there for the weekend workshop. I've agreed not to do anything rash (like order a kit) until after after the workshop. I've seen a man's plane (its called a Sonex)locally, and it looks very easy to build and should fit my budget pretty well. Its all metal, and uses a slightly modified volkswagon engine for power. Sonex actually sells the engines under their Aeroconversions moniker, which is mainly the add on parts that they've invented. Specs call for about 130 mph cruise at sea level with this engine, and up to 150 at 8000'. I've actually wanted to build my own aircraft for as long as I can remember, its only now that I've realized I can make it happen. So, I must make concessions in order to enable me to do this, and unfortunately the truck will have to go. Its been a good run for me with the truck, but its time to move on. I certainly plan to remain in touch with you guys even though it may not be as intently as before.

Carter;

I apprecite you're mentioning the pictures on your site. Also, the offer to go shooting is still open. I look forward to going one day soon.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Shooting soon would be good, probably easier for you if you picked a date and time since I'm retired and everyday is good for me. :D

What caliber we shooting? Got lots of .30 rifles and CMP ammo, but I'm down to less than 5000 rds of .22.

PM me please Nick.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
rickv100
SGT
SGT

Post by rickv100 »

Nick,

Sorry to hear you are selling.

Best of luck and I hope you get a great price for your truck.

Rick
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Best of luck to you Nick, I hope your rig finds a nice home :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".