Two (2) 1953 Dodge M37 3/4 ton trucks FOR SALE

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
Fed043egfd

Two (2) 1953 Dodge M37 3/4 ton trucks FOR SALE

Post by Fed043egfd »

FOR SALE Two (2) 1953 Dodge M37 3/4 Ton trucks. I work for a fire district in Rhode Island and have been put in charge of organizing the sale of our two Dodge M37 trucks. My goal when I volunteered for this task was to get these trucks in the hands of someone with the interest, time, and money to restore one or both of them. The department acquired these trucks sometime in the 70's. Truck #1 was used as a brush/wildland firefighting truck and was operated up until a few months ago when it was decided that its days of usefulness were over. The truck was kept indoors for the entire time it was with the district and the body is very solid with few visible rot spots. The fenders are a little banged up from driving through the woods. The odometer reads just over 44,000 miles. The engine runs and transmission is strong. It powers through anything. The conversion to firefighting apparatus only consisted of placing a water tank, hose reel and pump in the payload area, adding radios and lights, and painting it red. Truck #2 was kept by the district for use as a parts truck for Truck #1. It was stored out in a open field so it isnt in as good of shape. After visually inspecting it I found that the body looks to be pretty solid and most of the parts are still there. It even has parts that Truck #1 is missing such as the front and rear blackout lights. I have set up a web page on my departments site for these two trucks. For more information on the trucks, pictures and how to contact me go to http://www.egfiredistrict.net/m37.html . It is our intent to offer the trucks for sale separately but we will entertain offers to sell them as a pair.
CREEPING DEATH
PFC
PFC

Re: Two (2) 1953 Dodge M37 3/4 ton trucks FOR SALE

Post by CREEPING DEATH »

I'm assuming these are owned outright and not on loan from gsa.gov? This has been a problem for many many RFDs in the past!

CD
Fed043egfd

Re: Two (2) 1953 Dodge M37 3/4 ton trucks FOR SALE

Post by Fed043egfd »

My department owns both trucks. We have had them for over 30 years.